Possible Virus?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sramoul, Aug 10, 2008.

1. sramoul

sramoul New Member

So I'm watching a movie on my 32GB Touch and the right side of the screen (it's the side closest to the home button) when I see that some of the screen image is missing. I thought it was the movie at first. A few days later I see that the small part of the screen that was missing is actually getting bigger. I could actually see the screen, pixel by pixel getting erased. So I turned it off and on again and noticed it remained the same size.

I thought it it might be a virus. However, I'm on this site quite a bit reading people's comments and just exploring the world of the iPod Touch. I thought it might have been Ziphone, so I purchased 2.0 and restored to factory settings. I still have the same problem. Here's an image. Can anyone help?? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Attached Files:

2. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    download my lite from the appstore
    its free

now run it, its a strobe light, apparently it helps restore dead pixles, i dont think ziphone is capable of doing that, just messign up wifi like my bros iphone. if the strobe light doesnt work, bring it to apple and see if they can do anything.

please report back to me with your progress
  3. Naveen

Naveen Banned

take it back to apple and tell them that it just happened when i was watching a movie and if it is jailbroken restore and put some music on it so it doesn't look like it was jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. sramoul

sramoul New Member

really? I don't think it's pixels as sometimes left side of that bar goes to the end of the screen and sometimes it's smaller. Weird eh?
    ------------------double post merged------------------

Ya I think that's what I'm going to do...thanks...I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same issue. The weird thing is I can see it getting bigger. So I was wondering if it was a virus.
  5. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just try the strobe light
  6. UTorange

UTorange Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    doesn't really sound like a virus to me... Of course I wouldn't really know but I'm guessing it's just a defect.. Apple store
  7. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

dude theres no such app..........
  8. sramoul

sramoul New Member

I just downloaded the Strobe Lite and playing with it like crazy

Please Register or Log in to view images

So let's see if it works. Nothing has changed so far.
  9. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  10. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Looks like you're taking a trip to the apple store...

Doesn't sound like a virus, viruses corrupt software in the system, not hardware. Viruses can't attack the hardware. If you did restore, it would delete the virus, and get rid of it indefinitely... So it has to be a hardware issue... But hardware issues can't be fixed through software. In other words, Put the iPod into DFU, restore your firmware, and take it to the apple store.