Possible to use iPhone as a prepaid account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cowboyz, Nov 19, 2007.

1. cowboyz

cowboyz New Member

I found this old link and it says that you can have a prepaid account for your iPhone, which means no two year contract or deposit.
    Is this still working and/or true?

iPhone Prepay Site
  2. chrischris292

chrischris292 New Member

saw the same thing
    im am very sure u can
    try it
    its not going to brick ur iphone (it is impossible)
    i dont have an iphone yet but im thinking of getting it
  3. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    ATT prepaid plans are expensive. Might as well go with tmobile.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It is possible to go prepaid, just make absolutely sure you get the $20 Unlimited Data plan. Without that, you'll blow through all your prepaid minutes in no time.

Also, for what it's worth, I was talking to the cats in two Apple Stores and they both said that the only way to be able to use prepaid on the iPhone was to have credit so bad that you can't get a standard contract.

While talking to the AT&T guys at one of their stores, they told me that it was very possible to go prepaid, but you still have to sign up to use the iPhone for the two years, and it ends up costing the same exact thing per month in the long run. At another AT&T store, they told me that prepaid is only available if your Credit is Ridiculously Good because Apple wants you to sign a contract so they get their kickbacks; and disallowing prepaid is one sure way to do that.

I'm not quite sure what all that means, since I was told three completely different things. But the whole thing is rendered moot by merely unlocking your iPhone.