? Possible to theme lockscreen & popup ipod controls?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by gs6113, Jun 3, 2009.

1. gs6113

gs6113 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello All.
    I've spend a few hours searching for this. I'm using Safety Not Guaranteed, and would like to theme the iPod controls on the lockscreen and the popup in the same style. I remember seeing somewhere that its impossible. If it isn't, could someone point me in the direction of the files I need to place in my theme?
    Jake
  2. zukirin

zukirin Member

For the Play, Pause, FF and RR buttons go to bundles, com.apple.springboard and put whatever icon you want for the above four exactly like this: play.png, pause. png, nexttrack.png, prevtrack.png.

EDIT: Forgot NowPlayingBottomOverlay.png as bottom part of the music player

Then for the volume bar, the knob on the volume bar and the background of the pop up music player go to UIImages then put your images in there named,
    UIScrubberBlueCap.png for the left most piece of the volume slider,
    UIScrubberBlueFill.png for the 'fillings' in the volume bar,
    UIScrubberLargeKnob.png for the knob used to adjust the volume, and
    UIPopupAlertSheetBackground.png for the background of your pop up music player.

Remember you have to make the name of the picture EXACTLY how I typed them out.
  3. davies-09

davies-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What dimensions does the UIPopupAlertSheetBackground.png need to be?
  4. zukirin

zukirin Member

I am not sure. The one I use is from a ready made one and it is 284 x 62. HOWEVER What I do now is that at this size, it stretches the image up and down so I just use a plain one. When I use the dimensions of the NowPlayingBottomOverlay.png it becomes all wierd looking.
  5. davies-09

davies-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah,i used the tinee wallpaper, i just used that UIPopupAlertSheetBackground.png and that didnt theme the lockscreen music controls (edit: sorry i didn't read the post properly), it themed the pop up music controls on the springboard. anyone know the lockscreen controls background?
    EDIT: also the controls for the volume bar aren't showing up either and i copy and pasted the names form this thread and placed then in UIImages, any ideas?
  6. zukirin

zukirin Member

For the lockscreen control background I'm not sure as well. And for the volume bar I also dunno why they dont work. They work for me. Have you resprung?

Last problem I think might occur. When you copied the name (let say play.png for simplicity) double check that it doesn't become play.png.png which happened to me before.
  7. davies-09

davies-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, just checked and stupidly, i have done that, thanks for the help, ill try and snoop around the ipod somewhere to try and find the background

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Crypt's theme left hand drive has a transparent background on the lockscreen music controls, but still not sure where the image is
    EDIT2: its, SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png
  8. gs6113

gs6113 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got it to work. Thank you.
  9. ace90099

ace90099 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    there is another background to the music controls. the one above is for when song info is displayed below the volume bar.
    does anyone know what the one for when music info is not displayed is. if you don't know what I'm talking about, respring your ipod and go to the lockscreen and hit the home button twice(this is the background i want to edit). now press the play button(it will select a song at random to play). notice the song info is now displayed and the background has probably changed(this is the SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png background image).
  10. itzpsychopath

itzpsychopath New Member

I know

I did my search and test and the file name is SBLockScreenControlsLCDSmall@2x.png for no info and SBLockScreenControlsLCD@2x.png when music is playing. Hope this helps cuz i just joined this site just to help you out on that lol

edit: ohhhh and thats on iphone 4, if ur using another idevice just ignore the @2x thing, should b SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png and SBLockScreenControlsLCDSmall.png