Possible to sync or add photos wirelessly?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by eli2k, Apr 11, 2009.

1. eli2k

eli2k New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    On a jailbroken ipodtouch firmware revision 2.2, is there a way I can add photos wirelessly to the Photos section (SSH, direct transfer with some other software)? I'm using a little flashcard software, and it can add photographs from the Photos section of the ipod, so it would be quick and easy if I could directly add photos instead of attaching and syncing each time with itunes.

Thanks,
    - Eli
  2. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    SSH the photos to /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/999APPLE. I tried it for png files and I was able to access the files via the USB cable. If you want to watch the photos on your iPod they must be named 'IMG_XXXX.PNG' (case sensitive) where XXXX is a number from 0001 to 9999. You will have no thumbnails in the Photo App however. Also the photos they have to be 480x320 pixels.

I just found out that you can send every file from your iPod to your PC via USB if you just change the file extension to png.
  3. eli2k

eli2k New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks. Seems I can even rename a JPG to PNG and it will display. Lack of thumbnails makes it slightly inconvenient, though. Are thumbnails regenerated for you once you sync with iTunes? I don't have access to a cable for a few days.
  4. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sorry, I cannot test it since I only have Linux.