Possible to jailbreak without wifi?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by pytyl, Dec 26, 2007.

1. pytyl

pytyl New Member

Well I can't connect to the internet on my ipod for more then 10 seconds. The most I was on was for like a minute yesterday using my neighbour's connection I think, then it disconected. Since I can't really browse the ternet on my ipod touch, is it still possible to jailbreak and get games on my ipod? I have internet on my computer.. which brings me to another point. Is there a way to get my wifi to work from my own internet connection from a wired router? I don't have a wireless router =( When I check what possible networks there are for me to connect to wifi from, I notice that alot are locked, including default. Is this default my own connection from my wired router?
  2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Firstly I reckon because its your neighbours wireless network and not yours, you wont stay on the internet for long because of the signal.

I believe you can jailbreak using your computer but takes more time and effort then wireless. You will have to search for details on that because I havnt read too much about it.

You cant get a wireless connection from a wired router but if you had a wireless card/adaptor in your computer, i think you could then connect to your ipod to that in ad-hoc mode. I bought an adaptor for under £10 but have a wireless router anyway. Once again, I've seen guides on here so take a look if thats an option.

(If anyone would like to correct me in a few places? go ahead)

Please Register or Log in to view images