Possible to downgrade 4.0.2 > 3.1.2 without blogs!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Anjum, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Anjum

Anjum New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys!
    I made a thread before but that didnt help is there any way to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 3.1.2, I don't know what blogs are can someone exain to me what tgey are is there any way skmeonw can give me blogs to downgard please explain me any way i can do this i would greatly apreciate it!!
    Im a noob at this please dont mind the questions i need help!!
    Thank you
  2. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unfortenetly if you dont have them, you cant downgrade. Simple as that.

What they are, is basically a code that apple gives out that tells a device they can run a certian firmware. ONLY Apple can give these out, because they're specific to a device so you cant use somebody else's. Once apple stops giving them out for a firmware, you cant ever get them for that firmware.

So for example, say 4.0 comes out. Apple stops giving out 3.1.3 SHSH and starts giving out 4.0 ones. Then 4.0.1 comes out and they stop giving out 4.0, start giving out 4.0.1. This is to stop people from downgrading, because if Apple cant allow the firmware, the ipod/iphone will refuse it.

You can back up your SHSH either through Cydia (Tell it to "Make my life easier" when it asks) or Umbrella. There's a tutorial somewhere here that'll show you how to downgrade if you do have the SHSH blobs.
  3. Antonpup

Antonpup Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Can't you just go into DFU mode and restore... I just did that a few hours back with my iPod 2G.
  4. Anjum

Anjum New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I understand but i remember i could put in like an address into a file named host and i could downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.2?
    Is there an address for 4.0.2?
    I hope u guys okay kno what im talking about
  5. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thats for if you have SHSH blobs, it redirects iTune's check to Cydia's servers.
  6. Anjum

Anjum New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it possible if someone gave me their shshs?
  7. austinmartin

austinmartin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, shsh's are device-specific. Your ipod has an ECID(identification number), and when you try to restore, it sends Apple a request, and if Apple sends a response then it is allowed to restore. If you had them stored, cydia or umbrella has sent a request to Apple, and stores the response(the shsh's).
  8. cooper1973

cooper1973 New Member

downgrade

yes you can downgrade if its a 2g i used a custom firmware 3.1.2
  9. Anjum

Anjum New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanl you so much austin and where can i get this custom firmware cooper? I have a ipod 2g mb model will it work can u send me link or tell where i can get it thanks
  10. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Just get the regular firmware for 3.1.2 (you can't post the link since it's payed) and attempt a restore. It may work it might not, should work for most people without blobs (I was unlucky, however).

This method was used when everyone tried to downgrade it for Snowbreeze earlier this year...

Ctrl+shift the .ipsw.

Also, if you've been jailbroken (and you agreed to 'make my life easier)when you were on 3.1.2 PM me. Otherwise, farewell.