Possible solution to multitasking

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zc456, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Zc456

Zc456 Member

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned so I'll go ahead and say it. I was thinking of a possible solution to the lack of multitasking. Apple wants to preserve battery life, that's a givin'.

So, why not run a limited number of 3rd-party apps and when the limit is reached, enable Push Notifications for those that make use of that feature? Of course its just an rough idea. I have no idea how there gonna tackle it. What do you think?
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Looks like you don't understand difference between Background Process (Service) to Multi-tasking. Lack of multi tasking in iPhone was not that much a pain, since usually you you do one thing on quite short time and put iPhone in pocket. In iPad we have apps like iWork that we might work in longer time then you do work on iPhone, now think someone IM you you need to close app that you working on turn on IM client and read an replay message then back to work but guy IM you reply quickly and you need to do same thing and you can't work camly on your work, this is annoying, this what lack of multi-tasking is.

I have better solution for Apple, Tray apps, they only possible way to make background process. For example, you turn such up in other menu or they would turn on automatically via Push Notification, you can access then by pressing home twice (like you do with music controls in iPhone) you can do what you want and close back to some sort of icon, you can turn them off via doble-puch home menu or even they could be freezes when until you get another push notifications. iPad don't have UI limits that iPhone, so i think Apple rethink lack of background or tray processes eventually and think some nice substitute.
  3. Zc456

Zc456 Member

I've read on article that have been. Like I said, it was just an idea.