iOS 4.0 Possible serious cydia bug - Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gtg465x, Jun 12, 2010.

1. gtg465x

gtg465x New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I got iOS 4.0 installed and jailbroken on my Touch 2G no problem. Everything was running fine for a while. Installed some apps from App Store and Cydia. All the sudden, I'm just browsing around Cydia and the screen goes blank. I try to turn it back on and the backlight turns on but nothing is displayed. I desperately try everything known to man to reboot. Plugging it into my computer causes the screen to turn green. Long story short, I was eventually able to reboot, but now this happens every time I go into Cydia. Looks like it's time to restore.
  2. Son geta1

Son geta1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't know what you did, I am using Cydia heavily and very, very often, I've got an iPod Touch 2G 8GB MB model on FW 4.0 GM, and nothing happened until now...

Never had to restore...
  3. gtg465x

gtg465x New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How are you using Cydia heavily and very, very often? It seems like practically everything I usually install from Cydia requires Mobile Substrate, which isn't working yet.
  4. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ?? MobileSubstrate works perfectly fine. I'm rocking the SBSettings beta.
  5. johnathon

johnathon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This happened to me. When i did a reboot (with home + power button), the screen went orange. I had to dfu restore to fix it.
  6. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That happened to me, i just done a hard reboot, seemed to fix the problem. mobilesubstrate does work and sbsettings works. the beta repo is http://thebigboss.org/betarepo