Possible reason for lack of ports is in the SDK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zc456, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Zc456

Zc456 Member

I haven't seen this mentioned yet. Anyway, it actually wasn't just a fashion statement. The answer is brain dead simple.

From AppleInsider. If it were the WWDC, we would know this by now. So this might be how you transfer eBooks as well. For those who complain for the lack of extra hardware and then say you knew about this, then why are you complaining?
  2. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's pretty cool, and addresses the wireless connectivity issue someone just brought up.

More than I expected out of it actually.
  3. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I doubt it would work for music though

Please Register or Log in to view images

Does anyone know if this would be within iTunes, or would it be a form of SSH?
  4. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Well they can't drift to much off there iPod+iTunes model. Though this does leave room for 3rd-party developers to go nuts.
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    its really nice idea, but say your at college at a computer station that has no wifi available, what then?

can you connect it via USB and have it mounted with out having to install add ons to pc?
  6. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    or by bluetooth ... is the 2.1 included in the iPad fast enough to create a mountable disk?
  7. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are computers on college campuses without wifi these days? Our entire campus was nothing but wifi machines...I don't think we had anything outside of computers in dorms on a wired connection.
  8. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Our college is really good for computers, but 90% of the colleges computers don't have bluetooth (its embarrassing) lol

We do have wifi in 80% of the building, but I work in a separate building which doesn't have wifi, nearly all machines are wired due to networking...Such an outdated building and technology lol...

ALSO

With the USB add on, can you use Pen drives to transfer data? or no?
  9. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it's gonna be network file transfer then im 90% sure this will be based on Bonjour
  10. ildottorebardi

ildottorebardi New Member

A reason for no ports may be to convince people to buy an iPhone to tether to (via bluetooth) when wanting to work wirelessly when at school or whatever...