[Possible] New Macbooks

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by SiXAXiS, Jun 14, 2009.

1. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ok so doesn't it seem weird that apple will just move all the latest stuff to the MacBook Pro line, and leave the MacBook line abandoned? I think there will be some sort of new MacBooks
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Gizmodo had an article about this. Speculators say this sets the stage for the re-definition of "Macbook", possibly a tablet of some sort.
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There's rumors of Tablets, Netbooks, and many other things.

Only time will tell. But that DOES seem odd.
  4. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea probably tablets or netbooks in september.

Or like a really cheap line of macbooks that are fast, and afforable but still not as good as the pros.
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Tablet would be nice, if they do it right. Intel running snow leopard with a decent size SSD and aluminum. About the thickness of the air or thinner, with a 10-13 inch screen. I'd buy that, but I just dont see it falling in that $1000 or less range. No iphone OS/hardware with a big screen k thanks! I want a real tablet, not a netbook with a touch screen.

I can maybe see them bringing back the intel graffics or something similar and cheap, with 10 inch screen. For $600-700 to compete with the netbooks, maybe even making them aluminum/unibody. It would kick the crap out of any netbook.
  6. mdawg911

mdawg911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    maybe they're going to keep updating the plastic macbooks and maybe bring the blackbook back to round off the macbook line.
  7. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd bet on this.

I'll just put it this way. How on earth could a tablet be defined as a "Macbook"

I also doubt that they'd call it a "Mactab." Mainly because that sounds like some sort of home pregnancy test.
    You pee on the little Apple logo! If you're preggers, an audio file of the Woz shouting "LET'S TAKE THAT BABY TO BOB'S BIG BOY!" plays! If you're not, an audio file of Steve Jobs saying "Fertility, as well as copy/paste, will come in the next update." plays!

I could definitely see them bringing back the black Macbooks. Keep them in the macbook style, but bump the specs up a tad. For example, a 2.4GHz core 2 duo, Nvidia 9400M, 2GB RAM, and a 250GB HD.
  8. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hopefully the new Mac books will be iPod Tablets.
  9. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iPod Tablets? Ehhhh no.
    I don't want watered down OSX on a tablet.
    i want OSX snow leopard on a tablet. period.
    ipod touch/iphone firmware belongs on ipod touches and iphones, not tablets.
  10. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why in the hell would they call a TABLET a MacBOOK??

That makes no sense whatsoever.

If they release a tablet that's like a bigger iPod Touch running OSX, I guarantee it will be in it's own section, and not categorized with Macbooks.