Possible Jailbreak for Ipod 2nd Gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andrew!, Sep 13, 2008.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm...

im not sure if anyone really caught onto this but a while back someone said that the dev team wont be releasing a jailbreak technique or exploring the possible ways because they are the IPHONE dev team, well, this seems kind of contradictory to me:
    (This is the original thread, which was a quote from the dev team)

Does this seem like they might be getting a new touch soon? i mean, they did say they dont have one YET and to me it just seems like it could be a possibility, and if the whole "Zibri bug" is proven to be exploitable then maybe the dev team will investigate?

im just trying to keep an open mind here.. i don't really have anything against Zibri...

What are you're thoughts?
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I never said that they wouldn't try hacking the new iPod touch, thank you for twisting my words though.
    The problem is that, if the DFU exploit is gone, they probably won't use an exploit on an iPod, because they are more focused on the iPhone.
    If a new exploit worked on both the new iPod and a new iPhone, they would most likely then release something.

You don't really have to worry about things anymore, because it looks like the DFU exploit may still exist (the new processor still parses 8900 files, which is weird).
    If the exploit is still there, iBoot (iBSS, rather) can be patched and strapped using the DFU exploit and then used to decrypt KBAG data, which will then allow for decryption, which will in turn allow for Pwnage.
  3. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i twisted your words? when? sorry if i did, thats just the way i interpreted it..

anyway, if the exploit still exists, then its just a matter of someone creating a jailbreaking technique, which MAY take a while seeing as the dev team aren't really interested in the ipod cause they're iphone dev team...
  4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You're doing it again.

If the exploit exists, it won't take long.
    The scenario I mentioned was taken from this page, and as you can see, it's already being worked on.
  5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh sh*t I'm sorry, i thought you meant they weren't going to work on it cause they're the iphone team.

sorry man, didn't realize that
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, they will.
    It's just that, if the DFU exploit is gone, I'm sure they wouldn't be willing to "burn" an exploit on an iPod; they'd wait for a new iPhone revision.
  7. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well then lets all hope that the DFU exploit is still there...

and I'm guessing the DFU exploit is what enables us to pwn the device in DFU mode right? kind of self-explanatory i guess..
  8. themaster

themaster New Member

wait. totally new to this. i know how to run pwnage, but could somebody explain the iBSS and DFU (i know what that is) exploit? thnaks
  9. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  10. themaster

themaster New Member

hey, another thing. I want to get a copy of the 2.1 ipod touch firmware that is preinstalled on my ipod touch. can i download it from my ipod, or do i have to buy a copy (i dont want to)?