Possible Ipod touch application

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Divulge, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Divulge

Divulge New Member

I recently got myself interested in revisiting memory lane by download and installing old emulators and roms onto my ipod. Although I found the experience to be a happy one, I couldn't help but miss some other games that weren't offered by the Ipod touch (mainly N64).

Thus I began using my PC to play old PSX as well as N64 roms, and since I have quite a large Monitor I have been finding it very enjoyable. However my PC game controller recently broke, and using a keyboard to play the PSX or N64 rather denotes the experience. And so I started to wonder, GBA, SNES, even NES emulators for the Ipod touch all share rather easy touch control so why couldn't there be a Ipod touch video game controller app, however after a intense search I began to lose hope.

So what my app idea entails is a app that can simulate console controllers to be used as a PC game controller for your emulators.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Not sure exactly what you are saying but I play the emulators on Boxee on my Apple TV and use my iPhone/iPod as a controller with an VNC connection.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh god. N64 control. No. Just, please. No. Original NES sure. SNES, Maybe.

This is the closest thing to what you want, but it looks like its no longer on the App Store.

http://appshopper.com/utilities/virtualpad
  4. Divulge

Divulge New Member

Basically all I was saying was a app that made your ipod touch into a usable PC game controller, with buttons and such.

I don't have Apple TV so I'm not sure how useful that would be for me.