iOS 3.1 Possible future "PSP" style jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iPhondTouch3G, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What if apple makes the next iDevices so that u have to open them up and replace parts to jailbreak like u have to do with a PSP. an ipod touch is basically impossible to open without damaging it. if this is such a great tool to stop jailbreaking, why didnt apple implement it yet? Yes, it would really suck, but something like this is bound to happen, whether on the 27th, or in 5 years.
  2. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple has tried, by making more and more updates, to stop jailbreaking. They always fix the holes the "jailbreakers" find to run their software. The thing is Apple can't seal all entrances. There will always be a flaw or hole in the programming for us to exploit.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    This doesn't need to happen, because the Dev Teams find holes at the hardware level.
  4. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so how did sony make direct software jailbreaking without hardware mods impossible? if sony can do it, apple can too.
  5. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sony and Apple are 2 different brands. The PSP and the iPod are 2 different objects. Don't you think that if Apple has found a way already they would do it with the next iDevices.
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I don't think this will ever happen. I remember putting custom firmware on my PSP and it wasn't easy anyway, I had to make a pandora myself hard modding it. I hope we never have to hard mod our iPods.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

The only hardware modding you need to do to hack a PSP is hard modding a battery, and that's only if you don't want to buy one or you can't softmod one. Everything else is software.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, you won't have to open up your iPod / iPhone. It wouldn't be worth the trouble if you had to hard mod it.
  9. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    ye you don't rly need to hard mod the PSP, I don't think Pandora's battery is considered a hard-mod...
  10. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's more like folks exploited a hardware service mode in the psp rather than having to find a software glitch. There have been a TON of software hacks for the psp chickhen just being the most recent
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.