Possible for me to SSH/winscp?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by eriksoto, Dec 31, 2009.

1. eriksoto

eriksoto Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just jailbroke my Ipod Touch 2g 8GB and dont think I could of made a better choice. I am pretty new to this and I was wondering if it would be possible for me to be able to use SSH. My router is connected to my modem which is how internet on my iTouch and then the router to my computre since it does not have a wifi card in it (If any of that matters). Any input would be appreciated. I will be on for a while so I will be able to reply to any of you quick. After reading a bit, wouldn't using something like iFunBox do the same thing?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yes, you can download OpenSSH from Cydia, then you can SSH using WinSCP. If you need help doing this, there are some guides around, I personally like watching youtube videos for this stuff

Please Register or Log in to view images

But another way, my preferred method to access the system files, is through USB. If you want to do this, download afc2add from Cydia, then download, I'm assuming you're on Windows, iPhone Folders. Then just plug your iPod to your computer and it'll appear in Windows Explorer.
  3. eriksoto

eriksoto Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ah thank you very much, I thought you could only use WinSCP to do it since it needed wifi. I didn't know you had to download afc2add because I kept getting confused as to why it kept saying it was jailed when it wasnt. Thank you for the iPhone Folder download as well.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member