possible error 6 fix!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 42395_skyline, Apr 22, 2009.

1. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i restored and got error 6 but my firmware had custom recovery logo in it so after error 6 i saw my custom logo. so i said to myself "wait, if it shows my custom recovery logo then it has my FW installed?" so i used redtool and got it out of recovery mode and done! fresh new ipod! can some one who normally gets error 6 try this?

1. restore normally
    2. after error 6 get redtool here http://redtool-dev.org/blog/?page_id=8
    3. go to boot at the top and boot from recovery mode
    4. done

please some one try this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    the problem with this is when i turn off my ipod it goes into recovery mode. kinda like if it was tethered again because you need to have a computer and resdtool to get it out every time you turn it off and on. solutions is use quickpwn .3 because its NOR only and it will fix this problem and still save your data. after that its a error 6 fix. pretty. easy. has any one tried?
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i havent tried and im not going to i mean i would but yes the same with me i have a custom boot/recovery logo from redTool and try to use it boom error 6 then i just re jailbrake using redsn0w 0.3 beta and it fixes the recovery mode problem but it put the orignal logo back too so from their just download LogoMe since its now compatible for the 2g but you HAVE TO i repeat HAVE TO jailbreak using redsn0w 0.3 beta or it wont work and youll have to restore so idc its not like its fully impossible to restore only the custom boot logo/recovery logos nors mess up and get error 6 for me
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Please don't use translators :/
  4. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    yea this fix isnt for people who use NOR only to get custom recovery/boot logos. its for anyone who used a full custom ipsw and got error 6 or if your using a NOR going from tethered to untethered (but now with quickpwn it does that for you).
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You said it boots into recovery mode everytime, try using redTool's menu item to reset the auto-boot variables and see if it works. Do it from recovery mode.
  6. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i just used quickpwn and it fixed that problem.