Possible counter-evidence to the iPod with camera coming Oct. 14

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by _JKK_, Sep 14, 2009.

1. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This Saturday, I purchased a new iPod touch 3G 32GB version in my local Best Buy. After consulting with a sales clerk about the new iPod touch, and him telling me that they had just received a new shipment of iPods (the new ones, of course) I asked him if he could make sure that it was the newest iPod, since the packaging is identical. He said sure, and took it to a computer. I was standing behind him, so I could see the screen. He logged into (I'm guessing) the Best Buy site where it lists all of the products that they sell, and he scanned it. What popped up on the screen was 'Pod touch 3RD GENERATION' with the serial number and item status (unpurchased) underneath.

What I believe is (somewhat) significant is that Best Buy themselves listed it as the 3RD GENERATION. I'm not arguing about the name (trust me, I think that 2GS sounds cooler anyways) but that the fact that Best Buy themselves says its the 3RD GENERATION, so I would take that to mean that there isn't an iPod touch coming with a camera?

I'm not dismissing the fact, not at all. I'm merely stating what I think is significant, and is at least a fact. I'm sorry I don't have a picture (seriously, wouldn't it be weird if I was snapping pictures behind the guys back while he was on the computer?) but it happened.

Mods: Sorry if this seems like a name fight, but that wasn't my intentions at all. I just didn't have anything better to call it. You can change the title if anything better pops up.
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I think they call it that just in General./
  3. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Best Buy will definitely call it the 3gen. They wont call it 2GS or Late 2009.
  4. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok, I wasn't sure. I was just saying. Perhaps any Best Buy employees can clarify?

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    But, if they knew that a newer device was coming out (with a camera) like some people are believing (hyping?) then wouldn't they have a different name? That way it would save them some work to update their listings...
  5. Billyman

Billyman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wasn't it Best Buy that put the cases of the 3G Touch with a camera in the 1st place?
    Wasn't it BestBuy employees that kept saying that there would be a camera and urged customers to wait?
    Wasn't it BestBuy that said that ****** was a proud member of the Geek Squad?

If so then how can we believe Best Buy for anything

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just saying..
  6. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I know. But I thought that this was contradicting their earlier stance.
  7. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Maybe Apple will release the iPod Touch 3GCAMERA on October 14th? Nobody knows so STFU until October 14th please. I thought the mods already made it clear that nobody makes anymore threads on this BS.
  8. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Buddy, intelligent debate is encouraged. Not that.
  9. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Yeah, all stores call it the 3rd Generation. You'll see that term everywhere. Apple calls it late 2009. I really don't know anymore. I prefer "late 2009" just because it's on the Apple website.
  10. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)

How is talking about about a camera coming in October 14th not an INTELLIGENT debate? Is it because it is a rumor? Are you 100% sure that Apple won't release a new iPod in October?