Possible bluetooth transfer idea?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dr. Pepper, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, i go to thinking that if they have apps that are able to send pictures, messages, and even live voice feed. Maybe they could edit one of the previously made apps to send any file or some files via Bluetooth. Would this be possible?
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well there is a project called iBluetooth that is supposedly working on support for the iPod Touch 2G. You can track the project at medevil.net
  3. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea

Yea I've heard, but there is an app in the app store that can send and receive pictures (as in save them to photos). I was wondering if they could make an app similar to "Bluetooth Photo Share" that is able to send anything not just photos.
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Maybe you could rename the file you want and put a .png extension, put it in the app, send it, and then change it back and move it to where needed, but that would be a pain every time. No appstore app is gonna be good for transfering anything besides photos i think. If you want to transfer music or videos you wouldn't be able use itunes to sync them.(maybe the music because of the new API's that let the apps use the music from music but i doubt it.)
  5. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I get it

Well, i get what you are saying. I am not too good with programming, but couldn't you change the extensions or add some to the app to be able to send music and videos? or even change the folder directory where it sends from, to a downloads folder (where files are that need to be sent). Or even a folder specifically for sending and receiving?