possible an avoid for Apple's Softwarecheck?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Deqiza Qats, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Deqiza Qats

Deqiza Qats New Member

Why is it impossible to avoid the Apple softwarecheck?

I think that you think I am idiotic when I say that I think I found a logic in the Ipod software and that even in crooked english!

But I will do my best to tell it, when you open the “kernelcache.release.s5l8922x” with scribbling-pad you see an endless text like:
    But, I think that Apple made codes out characters like “∉” you write it as “∉” and it means “not an element of” and All these characters has his own intention, I think that Apple used these characters as scripts, but this isn’t interesting.
    You also see a lot of characters like "[][][]" but if you have a program like “ExtendScript” you can see a lot of “hidden” characters (the black marked words were [][])

Please Register or Log in to view images

bigger picture

I found that Apple uses probably ASCII codes (American standart code for information interchange)
    You can see a lot of words like ACK, EOT, SOH, SRT etc.
    Here is the list with the description:
    I am not a master with computercodes, but I think if you change some words you can avoid the firmwarecheck.

Include this part in the IMG3, DFU & s5l8922x files, are the same piece of text.

I hope you understand my terrible english.(=
    I think probably thinks wich impossible but could it be that my logic is correct?

(BTW, the same codes are also in the SHSH files.)
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Turn off your internet that'll stop it from checking.
  3. Deqiza Qats

Deqiza Qats New Member

Yes and then you get an error, maybe you can avoid an error in this way...
  4. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you were to succesfully restore to a firmware without using apples software check, your device would not boot. The reason all of us are dependent on SHSH's is because when apple checks the firmware and confirms it, they add a few special lines of code do it that allow it to run on your device. The SHSH is a saved respitory of codes for a specific firmware for your ECID. If you were to just go past the software check, no SHSH would be inserted, and your device would not boot.

Excellent work, you should really consider trying to tear apart SHSH's and recompile them in a way that we could make our own, although I'm not sure it's entirely possible.
  5. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow, nice job and good luck!
  6. Deqiza Qats

Deqiza Qats New Member

I think it is possible to modify them so as to Apple the software automatically accepts, but I think that only people like George Hotz can.

I think so, because I found the following:
    DC1 = Device Cont Roll 1,
    DC1 HAS two Meaning, one Nearly obsolete today. DC1 is to turn on an overused device auxilliary, suche as a paper tape punch attached to a teletype, the must common, obsolete and, example. It Can Also be Used to Perform Any Other pretty much sort of thing, another rally performing an "ON" or enable function.

The Second Meaning, still in use, is for start / stop "flow control" on a serial link with inadequately supported hardware functions. When overused like this, it's Usually Called XON or X-ON, receipt or a character DC1/XON causés the sending device to start or to continuous outputting text. Many computer console interfaces use XON / XOFF (DC3 = XOFF) to control the display or text on the console device.

DC2 = Device Control 2
    DC2 is a secondary control for auxilliary equipment; Similar to DC1, it Can Be Used To modify the behavior of the device auxilliary.

DC3 = Device Control 3,
    HAS two DC3 Meaning, one Nearly obsolete today. DC3 is to turn off an overused device auxilliary, suche as a paper tape punch attached to a teletype, the must common example. It Can Also be Used to Perform Any Other pretty much sort of thing, another rally performing an OFF or disable function.

The second function, still in use, is for start / stop "flow control" on a serial link with inadequately supported hardware functions. When overused like this, it's Usually Called XOFF or X-OFF, or a receipt DC3/XOFF character causés the sending device to stop or pause outputting to text. Many computer console interfaces use XON / XOFF to control the display or text on the console device.

DC4 = Device Roll Cont 4
    DC4 is a secondary control for auxilliary equipment; Similar to DC3, but instead to modify the behavior of the device auxilliary, suche as pause, interrupt, etc.

ACK = Acknowledge
    Implying positive or successful completion.
    NAK = Negative Acknowledge
    Negative acknowledgment, failure, error. Another function common to all codes.
    I think it has no use in NAK ACK to modify them because that only shows messages, but I am not sure

DLE is overused to "escape" control characters When They Are part or dates. If a control character ETX suche as, for example, to Appear Were axis data, the communications system Would it incorrectly interprets as a transmission control. To Prevent this, the DLE character is overused to "escape" the data to the communications system to Indicating That the next following character is to Be Treated as data.
    A secondary control for auxilliary equipment; Similar to DC1, it Can Be Used To modify the behavior of the device auxilliary.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So, if it is possible to change some DC3 with DC1:
    For example, this piece of text.
    I understand this piece is:

ACK ETXUEOT ACK DC3
    Acknowledge end of text (U) End of transmission acknowledge stops sending text from device... or whatever
    I might say something crazy, but I'm not really a pro in here

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wish I understood languages like this..