Possibility of Jailbraking Ipod with existing files?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by snpri3, Feb 24, 2008.

1. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

Im wondering if its possible... if my ipod is already jailbroken to 1.1.3 and i have my buddies ipod right beside me, can i just take all the files from mine and replace it with his and set all the permissions to 755, would that make his ipod already jailbroken without going through all the manual steps? or would i have to do it manually by downgrading and jailbraking
  2. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Tell me, without SSH, how would you get the files on his iPod?

TotalCommander doesn't work either.
  3. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

oh so i cant SSH unless its jailbroken? if so i can always just jailbreak his current version 1.1.2 and just SSH from there. also important question if his firmware is on 1.1.2 theres no need to go back to 1.1.1 jailbrake it and then go to 1.1.2, cant i just jailbreak 1.1.2 and move on to 1.1.3?
  4. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm assuming you are new.
    You can't SSH unjailbroken.

Well, there are only two jailbreaks that can be done without downgrading. 111 and 113.
    1.1.2 can be done, but you have to install a file on 1.1.1 to jailbreak 1.1.2, unless something new happened, but I don't know. ZiPhone, the 1.1.3 jailbreaker, is only confirmed stable on 8gb iPods, but your iPod has to be special, as it is a thin line of stability.

There is the base of jailbreaking. PM me for more info or contact me on AIM @ akfc66.