Possibility iPhone OS 4.0 will be annonced today perhaps.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 4.0 Speculation' started by Captain*, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thinking about it this morning, Apple annonce new firmwares months before release to seed them to developers and make a smooth transition (2 ---> 3) right?

Well if the tablet is an iPhone variation, it will also have firmwares that need to be given to developers.

It makes sense that today they announce the tablet so they can allow developers to have the firmware before release. As the tablet if it exists is an iPhone variation, a tablet firmware could mean a big firmware change for the iPhone and tablet to all be in line with eachother.

So iPhone fw 4.0, maybe. But it's a thought...
  2. loop4444

loop4444 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think tablet will run on 4,0 thats for sure. but as we all know its called IPHONE OS 4.0. which means iphone MUST get an update then. cuz it wouldent make sense..then it would be called TABLET OS 4.0 which doesent exsist,it must be 1.0 then..

We gonna se some cool stuff today,mark my words

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, that's one thing I'm looking forward to, when the Event starts in about 4-and-a-half hours... The firmware update certainly is long overdue and hopefully it can solve buggy issues like the messed-up playlists in the iPod as well as some items in Settings...
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I personally think it's highly unlikely that a new OS will be announced today. Maybe an update to 3.2 is more likely. I may of courae be badly wrong but that's my view.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    4.0 will be released to developers today. We haven't been able to access our developer stuff since last night via the Apple site.
  6. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    that's proof enough for me. Makes sense
  7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I stand, happily, corrected

8. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Or it could be the tablet OS

9. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Except the tablet becomes loaded with the OS and we'd have no use for a tablet OS without having a tablet, and to get a tablet we have to go to the store so it would have to be released to the public... in which case there would be no need for a beta tablet firmware.

10. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    True, but if it runs on iPhone firmware that allows it to work with other iPhone and touches then all devices will need a new update to add this functionality.

I think 3.1.3 will come today and 4.0 when the tablet is released. Remember the tablet may be announced but not released...