Positive and Negative OPINION on WinPwn

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by KingOfWar, Apr 24, 2008.

1. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, which should I post first? Positive or Negative? Im thinking Negative and then end it out with positive so I don't leave you in a bad / flaming mood.

I would like to say this is what I think and 99% of what I say is NOT a fact

Negative:
    • First of I think WinPwn is a fake. I have a feeling that it will do about 80% of what its promised to do. How I think cmw made his "firmware" hacks or whatever is he programmed WinPwn to do specific tasks for 1.1.1 , 1.1.2 , 1.1.3 , and 1.1.4. Which, in other words, means that the jailbreak is basically like any other it just "auto-locates" the firmware. (I have a feeling most of you will be like "Wuh tuh fuh... I'm sorry I don't understand")
    • Boot logos are not "Hard" but not easy to set up. So I got to give him props on that.

Summery: WinPwn detects the firmware and does the firmwares own specific job. Instead of doing the same jailbreak process for the firmware (which if that was the case then we would be able to jailbreak 2.0 with winpwn)

Positive:
    • I edited my 1.1.4 firmware and pwned my iPod Touch (16 gig) Everything went fine. There wasn't a time when I doubted the program. The boot logos are cool (I'm using the Homer Simpson pwned one [ thanks to who ever made it ])
    • Everything seems a little faster. Some users have reported that they noticed that WinPwn made there device much more faster.

PLEASE do not flame me. As I said above this is my opinion. Actually on second thought, flame me... Ill laugh (JK).

Edit:
    Hey, just browsing WinPwn.com and I came acros this

-Winpwn.com

Translation: Yo nubs folks! Yeah you.. ONLY USE Firmware 1.1.4 because thats only what I coded winpwn for, noobs!

lol
  2. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I gotta agree with your opinion but i aint going to try winpwn till i really have a reason to try it.
  3. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have two touches... lol what do you got to loose? But yeah I dont get why people love it so much... at the moment it is EXACTLY like ZiPhone except has a diffrent GUI. And the boot logos ..
  4. timstim

timstim New Member

how do you agree if you have not used it yet.from what ive seen from reading replies its about 50/50 on ppl that like it and ppl that dont.

ive seen here where a couple ppl said they did use it for the 2.0 fw,and it worked.1 guy said he used it for 2.0 but then downgraded back to 1.4 i believe,or am i wrong about this?
  5. adocas

adocas New Member

i made it =) and the monster one ;D no problem i like that one too alot, and this thread could be usefull some times. Thanks for putting some of your time to make this thread.
    thanks, Adocas.
  6. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Can I just remind people that its only the beta one that has come out, so I dont really understand this post because at the moment you cant do that much on winpwn until the final one has come out.

At first I thought it was fake becasue of the simple fact that he keep telling people that it would be out and it never did until this beta one did, I still do belive that he has no proper manner on how to commuicate with others and how to put a prouduct out.

I do belive its real but I dont belive when it will be out as its hard to belive someone when they have told so meny people that it will be out, even making people stay up the night becasue its so colse.

So if it comes then great if it dont then ohwell its not the end of the world life does go on thou some people think it is LOL.
  7. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am just expressing what I think.

{Offtopic}: adocas, made the "Pwned!" text more visible in the homer one.. other then that its pimpzorz
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So if 99% of what you say is NOT fact, are we supposed to listen to you?

Please Register or Log in to view images

So what happens when you load firmware below 1.1.4? Pwning your device is only useful for using 2.0. Which is only for people with access to Mac OS X. With any means.

And if you actually figure out how to create backup firmware, then you've unlocked the true potential of WinPWN.
  9. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

Lol tesla is actually right

for once..

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tesla.. where does it tell you that you are supposed to listen to me? Hell there isnt anything to listen about. I am just saying what I belive is going on with windows pwnage (lol)