Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Porting Save files from vba to gba emulator

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Go Avalanche, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

Does anybody know how to do this? I created a save file on vba (comp gameboy emulator) played the game for a while saved it sshed into my ipod droped it in the roms thing set the permissions to 755 and nothing. Does anybody know what i did wrong or is it impossible to do this?
  2. abros

abros New Member

well, im guessing it is impossible because the file extensions aren't the same so its not compatible. but you could probably change the permissions to 777 instead of 755.
  3. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ^if the extentions aren't the same then just change them o_o but i'm fairly sure they are the same, you just need to rename the vba one

and 755 will work for permissions
  4. abros

abros New Member

yea i know, just makin suggestions
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do an in-game save, then copy the .sav and the .gba file to your ipod and set permissions,
    then start new game in gpsphone
  6. ilovesnow

ilovesnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow i acually think i no how. first load your game then go to file then export then battery file and it exports an .sav file then open your ipod with something like WinSCP and drop it in your ROMs folder and click yes to overwrite. then go to your game and click new game and your progress from vba should be there

im pretty sure thats how you do it but im a nub so it might be a completely retarded idea
  7. bobocop

bobocop New Member

Seriously PLEASE help

Guys, I have been scouring the internet for days now and have not been able to find ANY relevant answers. I just registered with this forum because there seems to be a pretty decent knowledge base around here.

If I am posting this in the wrong section/thread, I apologize and would appreciate any direction you guys have to give me. Here is my problem;

I have transfered save files numerous times from various emus, but recently I downloaded G.B.C. A.D.X. + and absolutely love the emulator. However, I can not for the life of me figure out where this emulator is putting the save files. Battery or save states. I know that typically the save file is placed either right along side the same rom, or in a folder named "saves" right next to the ROMS folder. This doesn't seem to be the case here. I have searched all the folders that I'm familiar with and can't find a thing.

I am playing Pokemon Silver, and like I said, this save file has been passed around from quite a few emulators before with no problem. I think I started the file with VisualBoyAdvanced on my laptop, then transferred it over to TBA Dual to get my Alakazam, all starter pokemon, and Ash's Pikachu from Yellow, then to VBA on my Wii, then to the iPhone running gameboy4iPhone.

I love the new GBC ADX+ app, the sound quality is near flawless, and its the only emulator that i've been able to run in portrait mode. But I can't find my save file. I backed up and deleted all my save files from all the associated folders [GBA/ROMS/GAMEBOY ect], started up a brand new file on Silver, so I could find the one and only .sav file, and identify the folder being used for saves, so i could just overwrite it. However I am not seeing it ANYWHERE!

I realize this was a lot of information but I'm just hoping that any of it might be helpful for finding a resolution. I believe I could simply sum up my question with this;

Where is the save folder for GBC ADX+ ???
  8. Clel

Clel New Member

/var/mobile/library/iGBC

I know how you feel, I got lucky and found it one day though
  9. cam91010

cam91010 New Member

Ive finally found out how to transfer from your ipod to a pc emulator!

Go to this video that i made it will how you how to do it step by step:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRv6uUPsbdA
    If you have any questions message me. Your welcome!! :D