Porting a 3.0 JB? (for 2g and windows)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Lally9409, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Lally9409

Lally9409 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I doubt I'm the first one to ask this, but has anyone attempted to do this. Cause unless some unique error has come up with the 2g I recall that the dev team said "once a device has an untethered jailbreak, it can always be jailbroken, regardless of firmware." or something along those lines.

I know Chris Stroud has been working on this,

But since i haven't seen him post anything about this lately and most of the other devs who sorta just go out on their own and try stuff know about 24kpwn,

could someone else try to do this since it seems like iphone dev might be a little tied up if they haven't released it already
  2. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you serious?

You're so impatient that you can't wait A FEW HOURS before you start trying to get other devs to port someone else's work?

Christ almighty. You people are worse than four year olds. Not even they are this impatient or whiny.
  3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

agreed!!!!!
    thank you for that brilliant message.
    people really need to chill out.
  4. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Seriously. They're sitting here all day clicking refresh over and over.

Stand up and go do something else. Come back in a few hours and it should be out.

People are absolutely freaking out over a few hours of waiting. Do you guys really have nothing else in your lives to do?
  5. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    -Xi-

Christ almighty. You people are worse than four year olds. Not even they are this impatient or whiny.

That could be a great sig.
  6. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

again, agreed.
    instead of sitting here and refreshing the page, go the mall, hang out with friends, do what normal teenagers do, since i know most people on here are teens.
    its only a jailbreak. i know u think its magical and omg material butt seriously u can live without it one more day.
    do you guys not remember how long we waited for 2.2.2 jailbreak?

go outside lol. livee!
    i know i am. im going to watch the proposal in a bit

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been on 3.0 for a few days now, completely unjailbroken. And on 2.2.1 before that. I was heavily JB'd up until about a week and a half ago, but had some issues with 2.2.1, so I restored, then rejailbroke it, but never got around to anything other than that and putting my music and videos back on.

I want a jailbreak, but normal firmware isn't that bad. Certainly not bad enough for the tantrums that some people are throwing over the lack of Quickpwn being out.

I'm off to do something else. I'll come back later, and by then Quickpwn will be out. and *GUH-ASP!* I'm sure it will work just as well later tonight or tomorrow as it will at the moment of release.

8. notyard22

notyard22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    cool, let me know how the movie is!!
  9. flamablefart

flamablefart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there was a 2.2.2 firmware! =O y didnt apple say anything of this

10. Protocol7

Protocol7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Amen.

I've had unJB 3.0 since the 17th. What have I given up? Winterboard, but good themes are too far and little in number anyway. SBsettings, MXTube. That's it.

If people can't wait for small tweaks like that to be available...