Portable Power for Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cowboyshootist, Nov 6, 2007.

1. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Greetings,

I found a product today that some of you may be interested in. It's a portable power pack that utilizes USB to supply power to any device that can be charged from a USB port.

The device is from Lenmar and is called the PPU2100B. This device is approximately the same size as the iPod Touch. It is slightly thicker but just a tad shorter than the Touch. It has a mini-USB and a regular USB port along with a power switch and dual-color LED to indicate charge state.

The company claims that you can get approximately 5 charges from this power pack each one lasting about 10 hours. Naturally this will depend on what you are charging and how you use the device after it is charged. It comes with tips for iPod, PSP and mini-USB devices along with a 3 ft cable with a USB connector on one end and a barrel connector on the other end for the tips. They apparently have another version of this that comes with the wall-wart that you can plug a usb cable into.

I bought mine at a local Radio Shack for $39. Seems like the perfect solution for long flights where charging power is not easily accessible.
  2. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Looks very good. I think I might get one. Then my iPod might last two days! : P
  3. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

yeah man i might consider getting one, cause if u use the ipod touch for wi-fi it runs out like in 1 hour....thats really crap
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

You best bet is to purchase a solar powered charger. Costs like $30 for a great on on eBay, and you practically have endless power. Even if your in the dark, this charger I bought from Soho Utopia has a lithium batter as well inside so not only does it power ur ipod right away, but it also powers the actual lithium battery so you can charge your iPod at night as well!
  5. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    A solar charger is a great idea, although here is Seattle we could only use it a couple of days a year...LOL

I have also seen hand crank chargers which could work. Here's an interesting article on how to build your own handcrank charger from a handcrank flashlight. Mostly I needed some additional juice for airplane rides so the extra battery works for me.
  6. semper augustus

semper augustus New Member

I have one of hte Lenmar PowerPorts and I agree that it's a great product. I don't think I'm getting 5 charges out of one, but still it certainly makes a long day of cross country air travel a breeze. I remember a time only a year ago where I'd drag along a portable DVD player, a few DVDs, and a DC to AC adapter that could power the DVD player on some flights. The whole pile of gear was quite a pain to haul around. Now the Lenmar and touch both fit in a small camera bag and I could fly around the globe and never lose power and never run out of movies to watch.