Port ARM based browser

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by killm3, May 15, 2010.

1. killm3

killm3 New Member

A dev should port skyfire 2.0 for iPhone. It's made for android and windowsmobile, so there shouldn't be any shortage of code to start with. Then we could watch flash videos and use java on our phones. Website is http://www.skyfire.com
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I wasn't aware that Skyfire was open sourced... This is a major requirement to port any application. So in other words, no port, just wait for Skyfire to port it.
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's not about the browser though.

Flash is built into a browser using the code that has been written for that device, since Apple have said no to flash there has been no flash codec created for the device so therefore it can't be used in a browser.

The closest we are ever going to get is Cloud Browse becuase it is connection to a Mozilla browser which is on and actual computer
  4. killm3

killm3 New Member

Did you even bother to read my post and follow the link? Skyfire is cloudbrowse on steroids, it's been around for years onwindows mobile. Read before you shoot me down, otherwise it's you who looks like an idiot.
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It doesn't matter if its 'cloudbrowse on steroids', if its not open source, nobody can do anything even if they wanted to. When you can point someone to the source code, then you can start calling other people idiots. Until then, learn to accept opposing points of view.
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry man, but if it's like cloud browse it's still gonna be slow and sh*te, regardless of whether it's 'cloud browse' on steroids
  7. killm3

killm3 New Member

Okay, first off, it wasn't you who made the point about It not being open source, it was Tinyman, so yes, the post about flash codec crap still makes him an idiot since eveything he said actually wasn't true. He didn't even look at the link. And no it won't be slow as 'sh*te', I use version 1.5 to watch southpark on southparkstudios.com every Wednesday and it streams just fine, plus it's free, plus it doesn't kick you off when another person wants on.
    I can accept opposing views just fine, I just don't accept them if they're wrong. Haha, tinyman, thanks for pointing that out. As for "it's not a flash enabled iPod", Ha. He's banned. Banned people ARE idiots

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Who are you to decide whether people have or have not clicked a link? I checked the website, it looks alright and it would be good if it was ported so kudos on the find.

However, I came to the same conclusion he did. It isn't open source, which is needed to port something. So get off your high horse and accept the fact that its up to the creators of the app to port it to another system.