Poor Battery-Warrenty.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Furniss12, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Furniss12

Furniss12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm finding the battery on my ipod touch being very poor, and will be putting it to the test soon to see how long it lasts. If it does prove to be bad, i have been doing some research on the warrenty. i brought it on it ebay, so it makes it more complicated. I found on the apple website you can put your serial number in to see how long you have left on it and i found out i have plenty of time as it runs out in March 09. So if i took if back and got it replaced for a new one, will that be alright, or will i need to take a print of the the paypal transaction or something?
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd bring as much proof as ownership as possible.
  3. beezy

beezy New Member

link it please? i would like to know please.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. duckiiE

duckiiE New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

No way I bought mine on ebay,, I had scratches and was in bad condition physical.. So I told them I had battery issues.. All you need is the serial number you go on apple website you request a battery repair, they send you a prepaid box by ups and you throw them your ipod.. took 1 week to get ipod back.
  5. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I called Apple Support, and they told me they don't require any receipt or prove of ownership for fixing things and labor. As long as they know your serial number on their system

6. Furniss12

Furniss12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    2 people like this.
  7. alvinjericho

alvinjericho New Member

this poped up in my head,. if they replace your ipod with a new one,. would the warranty still be the date of purchase or the date of when you had your new one?
  8. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

am I understanding this to right?
    so If something happens to my ipod and I need to take it back k could bring it without the reciept?
    because Im not to sure on where my reciept it..
    so I could go in and they could look up my serial number and if Im still covered on the warranty they will give me a new one?!?
  9. IrishJO

IrishJO New Member

well they might not give you a new one if it's easy to fix but they will fix it/replace it for you. no receipt necessary.
  10. hourog

hourog New Member

This just happened to me.

It depends: If they do a "POS" swap, the replacement iPod Touch will have to be registered as a new iPod and you will have a new warranty effective from the date of the swap.

If they do a repair exchange, your original warranty stays in effect.

When Apple did a repair exchange for me, I got a refurbished unit which fried itself with 2 months of light usage. Try to get a new replacement if you can. Ask nicely, be polite. They really do want to help ya out.

Oh, make sure you do a restore before going to the store or sending the touch back.