iOS 4.0 [Poll] Rate your iOS4 (jailbroken) Experience

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ijailbreak3dot0, Aug 1, 2010.

?

Rate your Jailbroken iOS4 Experience

1. 0 out of 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1 out of 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 out of 5

6.1%
  4. 3 out of 5

12.1%
  5. 4 out of 5

30.3%
  6. 5 out of 5

51.5%
  1. ijailbreak3dot0

ijailbreak3dot0 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Describe your experience on iOS4 after you jailbroke it. Rate it from 1 to 5, with 5 being the best.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

As you all know, the jailbreak for iOS4 came out today, and I was anxious to try it out. I upgraded my 3.1.3 JB 2g iPod Touch to iOS4, then I jailbroke it using the jailbreak me method. Being a clean restore and all, I expected a clean experience. My expectations were correct, it was a whole lot faster than 3.1.3 JB. There was no lag like others have said, no battery drain, and most of all, most regular apps were compatible.

After jailbreaking iOS4, I got SBSettings and Winterboard, along with a couple of my other favorite cydia apps. They installed without a hitch. Again, no lag, no battery drain.

Unfortunately, some cydia apps such as iPodpop and Lockdown are not compatible with iOS4, but I expected that so I wasn't too upset about it.

My experience with jailbroken iOS4, on my 2G device, was very pleasant and I rate it 5 out of 5.
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I just wish more of the apps and tweaks aren't 4.0 ready.
  3. ijailbreak3dot0

ijailbreak3dot0 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know what you mean. I loved iPodPop, Lockdown, and similar 3.1.x apps, but they won't work on 4.0...
  4. tomlaw

tomlaw Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys. i jailbroke my iPod and when ever i try to download a app or theme from cydiaa. it says size mismatch. Anyone got a solution
  5. MajorTruSkill

MajorTruSkill New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its pretty good except I miss having 5x5 Rows... hopefully there will be an update for the FiveRows app that makes it compatable with iOS 4... other than that everything is great, few bugs but nothing major. 4/5
  6. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its been pretty good. i remember jailbreak being better for 3.1.2 but thats probably just because a lot of apps are supported by ios4 yet. its also just my luck that 2 says after i decided to do the ih8sn0w jailbreak for mc model ipod touches comex releases an unteathered jailbreak.
  7. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Meh. I just jailbroke my 3G just for multitasking and wallpapers, that's it. That's the sole reason I started to jailbreak my iDevices back in 08 in the first place. I was never into Cydia and all those other stuff that much.