Poll:Iphone/Touch Joysticks?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by jeffglenellen, Apr 13, 2008.

1. jeffglenellen

jeffglenellen New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    While I was playing some of my emulator games the other day,I started thinking about how much more enjoyable and easier these games would be to play if you could actually FEEL the control buttons.With that said,is anyone out there trying to develop actual joystick mods that attach to the bottom of the iphone/touch(similar to the mic mod for the sip-voip app)?This seems it would make the games that much more enjoyable AND the entire screen could be dedicated to the game,not just barely half of it.Thoughts anyone?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. beezy

beezy New Member

no offense to the idea, cuz it IS a good one, but might as well just hook up to a PC and play an emualtor, bigger screen too, unless u plan on taking that joystick with you everwere, kinda deminishes the purpose of portability...
  3. nintendoom

nintendoom Member

yeah I really dig that idea. An even easier way to control games (maybe just like NES cause of the lack of button) would be with the FM Radio Remote you can buy. I don't know if its possible but nonetheless it woulb be awesome
  4. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was thinking about that too. It would make a lot of up paced games a lot easier to play. Also, I like the fact that the whole screen would be usable. It could be something really similar to the zeemote. The zeemote is a little joystick with a few buttons on the back, similar to a wiimote's nunchuck. Another idea is that maybe someone could mod a nunchuck so it has a dock connector at the end? Just thinking aloud...
  5. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    How many threads do we need about this?
  6. whassuo

whassuo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    thing is, do you really think that apple are going to relase anything before the SDK that can let you play games that most people have illigally?

I think not.

I know it's legal if you own the actual game but come on, how many people just download what they already have, I don't!
  7. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I only download games I own.
    And you just admitted to a crime.
    You sir, are extremely stupid.
    Not only do you admit to a crime, (with a penalty of +$100,000) but you believe that people ONLY play illegal games. What about the HUNDREDS of open-source games made native for iPhone and iPod Touch? What about all of those?
    Have you ever looked into the "games" category of installer?

You sir, are very, very stupid.

Please stop posting.
  8. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    A controll would be very sleek though!
  9. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Its more like, the tens of games in the games section.
  10. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You sir, are very negative, and also ignorant. Does it matter if you admit to a crime. I download pirated programs. Nothing is going to happen to me, unless I give away personal information.