[POLL] Free iPod Story: What would YOU do?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dd_ny, Sep 26, 2010.

?

Would you have...?

1. kept both iPods as well as the $15?

92.3%
  2. or returned one iPod and the $15?

7.7%
  1. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I bought a 32gb iPod touch 4th generation from Amazon, but UPS delivered it to the wrong address. They told me to contact Amazon for help (I know, that makes no sense, because UPS is the one who messed up), and Amazon gave me a $15 gift card as an apology, and set up an order for a free replacement.

The replacement hasn't come yet, but I recovered my iPod from a neighbor (turns out UPS delivered to the right street NUMBER, but not the right street NAME).

I am now in an interesting scenario where I could potentially end up with 2 iPods, as well as a free $15 gift card, all for UPS's goof. However, I'm not that kind of person, Lol. I'm going to report what happened to Amazon later because I believe the iPod that I have now to be defective, so I might just take the new iPod as my replacement, and return my old one, that way I don't have to wait longer for ANOTHER shipment.

I'm just curious as to what you guys would have done in this situation. Be honest!

ADD:
    I just emailed Amazon, so please cross your fingers for me! I'm hoping they allow me to keep both iPods. I'll keep the one with the slight defects if they allow it (I can live with it) and give the other one to my brother along with a new case for Christmas.
  2. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    If i was in your situation, well i gotta be honest, I'd keep it.

It would depend on the situation, like if a family member or friend wanted it I'd give it, or i'd sell it or just keep it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just saying what I'd do, so to my eyes your one lucky guy.
    I've seen your posts talking about your shipments and being excited and now you're telling me you're gettin it free?!
    Man you're blessed xDDD

I voted ^^
  3. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's there fault, and you just happened to get it back, you have all right to keep both, or even sell one, as they messed up. Most likely UPS was not the one to mess up, it was probably amazon with the wrong address. Therefore I would keep it, both of them, well actually give one to my mom or brother, probably brother. It was their fault, they gave you a consolation gift, and then you happened to get the original back.
  4. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm gonna keep it because others messed up, duh ._.
  5. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I first called Amazon (before I recovered my original iPod) I asked them what to do in the event that I ended up with TWO iPods, and they told me I'd have to return one.

Actually, UPS messed up, not Amazon. I checked the mailing address, and it was right on the package. UPS just delivered it to the wrong place. My neighbor has the same street NUMBER as me, but lives on a different ROAD, so UPS got confused. This isn't the first time we've had this problem with mailing companies in our neighborhood.

If this actually WAS Amazon's fault, I'd fight to keep both of them. Tjem I'd either sell one, or give it to my brother as a Christmas gift (he's still stuck with the 2nd gen, Zune 4gb!).
  6. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    How did they make sure that you were telling the truth, like how did they confirm that it didn't go to you? Because they might t suspicous or something if you ask to keep the bonus one and return the defect if they let you...but yeah up to you
  7. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm going to explain everything to them beforehand, over the phone, so its more clear. I'm gonna tell them exactly what happened, and also tell them how me keeping the second one coming would save us both time and money (cuz they won't have to ship an iPod out twice!).

They didn't confirm that it didn't go to me, so I'm sure a lot of you are thinking you can easily score a free iPod by lying after ordering one and saying you never received it. But I'm sure Amazon is doing an investigation with UPS right now over this, trying to recover my package. Which is why I need to talk to them ASAP about this. I don't want them thinking I stole it!

I'm gonna call them Monday, during regular business hours, cuz I don't wanna email them about this confusing situation.
  8. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Id keep them both. But hey, Why not give me one?

Maybe broken one?
  9. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They will ask you to return it most likely.

But now, its yours and in your hand, you can DO WHATEVER you want with it

They will just ask you to return it, but they cant force you to do it. It's now yours.
  10. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Trust me, abusing the system didn't cross my mind at all, I'm not even ordering online, was just trying to help, but good luck. Hopefully everything goes well and they let you keep the other one.