Poker on the Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Grundy, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Grundy

Grundy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I really love the Scenario Poker game through safari and encourage everyone to register to support it, but is there any poker application in the Installer? Anyone know of anyone working on one?

I just wrote an article about why the Touch is great for poker here.

I'd be happy to plug whoever might be working on one if they are. Even happier to play it!

Thanks,
    Grundy
    hellscoldday.com
  2. Amir1990

Amir1990 New Member

I wish someone released Texas hold 'em for itouch :/ .... i can spend hours on playing this game
  3. happycat

happycat New Member

Just play World Poker Tour on gpsphone.
  4. adesai

adesai New Member

yeah many people have posted threads about making a poker game. I think it would be a great idea. BTW, happycat, is does world poker tour run at normal sped or does it lag.
  5. Grundy

Grundy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Had trouble the first time I tried the GBA emulator, I'll give it another shot.

Thanks
  6. happycat

happycat New Member

World Poker Tour runs at perfect speed, it's not a very flashy game, but works perfect as far as playing poker goes. The only problem is occassionally the commentator will say something like "He's picked up big slick!" and it sounds all staticy and scratchy, but it doesn't matter. There's another poker game for the gba called World Poker Championship but I haven't had a chance to try it, if someone has can you please tell us what you think?

Make sure you download gba_bios.bin (google it) and ftp it into the correct directory on your touch to have gpsphone work.
  7. kapop

kapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have world champion poker on the gpsphone and it runs just under normal speed so the sound does flick a bit i would defenitly NOT recomend it. The safari one is way better 1. Because you have only 3opponents. 2. Its almost inpossible to not get a royal flush each game
  8. j1nx

j1nx New Member

Maybe a developer can take a look at http://www.pokerth.net

This is an opensource single/multiplayer Texas holdem poker game.

The last RC version also supports mac, so it most likely run on the touch (C++/SDL, i don't know if all dependicies will run)). The GUI need some tweaking to make it all fit, but i think is should be possible to grap this source and work together with the developers to create a iphone/touch version.

I play it a lot. It is a no nonsense game, with the ability to start your own private poker tables, which is fun if you want to play with some friends only.
  9. Grundy

Grundy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have World Poker Tour on the GBA working now. It's a good game, thanks for the info!
  10. Joker

Joker New Member

Oh i didnt know there was a poker gams for gpsPhone, i will get it, but it would also be cool if there was an actual poker game to install from the installer

Please Register or Log in to view images