Pokemon Video Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by BadKarma, Jun 17, 2010.

1. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Discuss.

I'm moving away from the frustrating FPS genre to get my remaining two badges in Soul Silver.
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm sure there's already a couple dead threads for this.

Well anyways I've made it through the game (just got my 16th badge for those who don't know) with only 3 pokemon I use. Got my Typhlosion, Ampheros, and Kadabra. And my other 3 pokemon are only there for HMs and diers so I can revive my big three. I honestly don't know how I've got this far without ever having a pokemon (besides my lvl21 Poliwhirl HM whore) that knows a water move.

At some point (after I officially complete the game, including Mt. Silver and the revamped Elite Four) I want to level up a Magmar, Electabuzz, Lapras, Snorlax, Gengar, and Tyranitar party. Although I guess I could evolve Magmar and Electabuzz when I can. As of now, I've yet to start on any of these.
  3. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ever since Diamond and Pearl I've kept with this party:
    Machamp, Kingler, Hitmonchan, Gengar, and Espeon, and Aerodactyl.

The Machamp was obtained from the GTS and has a maxed out Attack stat (legit)

The Gengar, which is shiny, also obtained from the GTS, has a maxed out Speed Stat. (also legit)

The rest were raised by myself. I'm going to start training my Nidoking soon.
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ever since that ghastly i fought so long ago, i no longer use nidokings.

I don't import pokemon until I'm strictly trying to complete my pokedex.

I guess I could just import my lvl 95 Infernape from Pearl that I used to demolish that game. In that game my party going into the Elite Four was literally: Lvl 70 Infernape (first runthrough on the elite four), Palkia (at close to the level you catch it), and 4 random pokemon I caught in Victory Road. I'm a primary pokemon person, I only use my starter through the whole game or if I can't I'll catch a specific pokemon to defeat that specific pokemon that's stopping me that serves little to no use after that. This is really the first time I've had a decent party before beating the game. Although I'm still lacking a water pokemon...although I do have a lvl 40 Dewgong I raised with exp share

It hasn't learned a terribly strong water or ice moves so I don't think it's really useful yet.

How come Pokemon that give me so much trouble defeating (like Houndoom >:[ ) are so worthless when I have one and instantly die somehow whenever I try and use them?

I WANT A CHANSEY! I hate the 1% encounter rate.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd totally buy Pokemon if I knew where my old DS was... :\
  6. Led

Led Banned

I can't beat the Kimono Dancers after you get the 8th badge. I sorta fell out of the game after a dozen or so tries.
  7. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have beat both Gym Leaders in Kanto and Johto and I train my pokemon for the encounter with Red !
  8. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I can't believe no one who's posted so far has fully beat the game.

The Kimono sisters weren't fun. Mostly because the first one's Umbreon refused to die. After that it's not so bad.

What's so good about Wynaut's? They're always untraditional to get, and I can't tell what's supposedly so special about them. My lvl32 Wobuffet is the anchor to my party, I actually killed both of Lance's lvl49 dragonites with Destiny Bond.
  9. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Pokemon is just awesome, ever since I played it when I was like 7, I've always loved them, and now I'm 18

I'm going to play this one today.
  10. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i played this a lot when it first came out. I got to the Elite Four and am having no luck. Went back to Cod and have been there for awhile lol