pokemon roms

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by ecker, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ecker

ecker New Member

hi...

i really want a pokemon rom to run well on my ipod touch..

first of all.. i tried a few different versions.. fire red, leaf green, emerald (haven't gotten past white screen yet)

fire red annd leaf green load fine.. they go through the game fine, but are WAY to choppy and laggy. -- every battle scene/walking into building just chops up WAY too much for me..

my question.. what pokemon rom runs the best for you? (pm me link if you have one)

and what settings do you run it on?

also.. are you using the new version of gpsPhone? (1.2.0)?

thanks!.. i'm just lost in this
  2. ecker

ecker New Member

ok.. i unistalled 1.20 and installed 1.1.0 or whatever via the zztoddt repo or whatever and emerald booted up fine.. but was still the same laggy/glitchy crap of all the others :-/..

scaling on or off?
  3. Timeless_Melody

Timeless_Melody New Member

ive got leaf green and it works perfectly. no lag whatsoever. have you got the gba bios file yeah? and are your settings okay? mine are:
    frame skip: A
    scaling: on
    dunno what they mean really, but the rom works perfectly for me
  4. ecker

ecker New Member

perfectly? wow.. i've tried everything.. maybe send me your/link to the gba_bios? i got one from the repo also.. what version of gpsphone are you running?
  5. Timeless_Melody

Timeless_Melody New Member

6. Youknowwho1890

Youknowwho1890 New Member

i dont think the various bios are any different, but leafgreen runs at a playable speed for me (not too much lag) and i used the bios ipodtouchmaster included with his youtube video. so, hope that helps i guess