Pokemon Fire Red save problem

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by EndOfSilence, Mar 31, 2010.

1. EndOfSilence

EndOfSilence New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe someone can help me out. I usually play pokemon fire red on my computer with VBA, and then when I'm on the go I'll transfer my .sav file to my ipod touch in case I get a chance to play. My problem is it seems like the internal save function in gpsPhone stopped working. I'm almost positive I have saved on the gpsPhone and it saved before but when I do it now it reverts to the last save from my computer. Anyone else having/had this problem? I'm pretty sure it isn't because of an update because I haven't updated in about a week. If it means anything I have used cheats on my computer in VBA. Please don't reply with "You're going to have to restart" because I'm sure there is a fix. Thanks!
  2. iPodsRUs

iPodsRUs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    lol bro i have the exact same problem. I SSHed into my phone and got the save file. Then I went into VBA and put in a few cheats. I saved in VBA. Then I put that file back into my phone. the game loads, but when i save I get that sound that confirms you saved, but when i exit the gpsphone app and go back in, it always loads me back to the same spot i was in before the save. (If any of that made sense

Please Register or Log in to view images

) Anyway... Anyone got any ideas?

------------------double post merged------------------
    kk well i done a bit or searching on the net and i found a fix for this problem. First go into your SSHing client, then press ctrl T then the terminal should pop up. Then enter the following command...

chown -hR mobile /var/mobile

that should fix the save problem and you should be able to save in the game itself.

3. Ralph Gauden

Ralph Gauden New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HA!!! HAHA!!!HAHAHAHAHA!
    If you have used VBA to put/insert cheats on Pokemon - Fire Red/Leaf Green...Then you copied the .sav file
    into your iPod/iPhone(gpSPhone). Then your game wont suddenly save...
    for example:you are inside a pokemon center then go outside and saved your game ...
    Opened your game then you find yourself insde the pokemon center...

well we have the same problem!

To fix the sav file of your pokemon rom .Open gpSPhone>open]
    your broken gamethen go to menu>Save state file

Then go to DiskAid...root>var>mobile>Media>ROMs>GBA
    Delete the current .sav file(DO NOT DELETE the .GBA and the save state file)
    of your pokemon Fire-Red/Leaf Green

Open gpSPhone again and open your pkmn Fire Red/Leaf Green
    and new game................ then save your game

Open gpSPhone then go to saves. open your save state file
    then save your game as you usually do...

!!! ITS FIXED !!!
    Now open your game and continue your journy
    as if nothing happened bad to your .sav file

And i havent even SSH'd my ipod!
  4. Reid

Reid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I download gba4ios on my iPhone then I download pokemon emerald and I try it and it's ok but when download the fire red something happens, when I click my gba4ios it doesn't work and I try to delete and download again doesn't work anymore
  5. cinematicme

cinematicme Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Wait....cheating in Pokemon? That's criminal