pointInside and hitTest

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by deepp, Mar 25, 2009.

1. deepp

deepp New Member

Hi can any one help me with these two function...specially i want to know about pointInside method does it check the position of a view with regards another and checks if view1 is inside view2? just need to clear as i am trying to do that but not getting it work properly just let me know if my understanding is correct about this method...

here i am trying to check if image1 is inside image2,for example i got image1 as ball and image2 as any arbitrary shape which covers the screen so want to check if ball is inside that image2 can i use pointInside method like this [image2 pointInside:ball.center withEvent:null]
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

pointInside:withEvent checks to see if a point is inside of a view.
    hitTest/hitTest:withEvent: is used to determine which object out of all the objects that contain the touched point should respond to the point.

I am a fan of CGRectContainsPoint(CGRect rect, CGPoint point) which you can see in action in this tutorial: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135280
  3. deepp

deepp New Member

Thanks skylar but then is it possible to check if i have 2 images like ball image and an ameoba image and if i want to check if balls been moving only on ameoba only and not on other image?please please reply...
  4. RaviKiran

RaviKiran New Member

How to detect which image was touched

Hi Skylar,

I have a qusetion that suppose if i have 5 images in my view at different positions.How can i drag selected image to touch point.(without comparing [touch view] == imageview ).I want to do it dynamically.Please help

Regards
    A.Ravi

Please Register or Log in to view images