Podtacular Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andrew!, Sep 27, 2008.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    today I put my ipod in my pocket which had nothing in it. I took it out and now I have a huge gauge in the screen. I also have a small scratch that's only visable in the sun.

also. this is where it gets good. I picked it up after charging over night and the battery was close to catching on fire. it was SOO HOT!! I didn't know that the batteries could get that hot..
    so then I tried to turn it on. nothing. I let it cool and then booted it up. IT TOLD ME I NEEDED TO RESTORE IT!!!!!

So I did that. an now it's working-is. the battery won't hold a charge; I get about 2 hours of video. so last night, before this happened, I called apple. they told me to try to plug the iPod into the USB in the back and wait for it to charge. I did that and now it almost burst on fire.

they said I would probably need a repair on it but, would I be able to request an exchange?I really don't want to be stuck with this iPod after it's been repaired because I don't think it's just the battery. I mean, I have the AppleCare Protection Plan so I think I might be able to request an exchange. but I haven't seen this problem anywhere.

what should I do?
  2. Laura123

Laura123 New Member

$9 spent at ipodjuice and you will know what the problem is, battery, lcd, or otherwise. and i believe that nine spot goes towards whatever repairs you need. my experince with them was good, but i knew what the issue was - water damage. Good guy, try 'em and see if it helps your problem.
  3. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    do u still have warrenty with Apple?
    if so, take it to them and they might be able to give you a new one
  4. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah I have the AppleCare protection plan. I set up a repaired/replacement buy I really don't think it's JUST the battery and I don't want apple to just replace the battery. I want a brand new one. I know it sounds greedy but I don't like the freezing and if they replace the battery and send it back then I will still have the freezing problem...

EDIT: would it be a bad idea to leave a note explaining the problems? like would they read it?
  5. wcnghj

wcnghj New Member

Can you take it to an apple store? I got mine exchanged.
  6. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the closest apple store near me is like a 2 hour drive and im only 15, with out a license so...
  7. vin200

vin200 New Member

when the say repair im pretty sure they just give you a new one. thats how its been for me with all of my ipods. even for a battery replacement i always get a new ipod with a different S/N.
  8. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If your battery is overheating apple will definately replace it. Call them. you can probably just mail it to them.