Podcaster on Cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dieselboy27, Oct 1, 2008.

1. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

I have downloaded and installed 1.1.1 podcaster from cydia but every time I try to load it it immediately crashes. Is anyone else experiencing this? I really want to like this software but am having a tough time with it.
  2. Hmerly

Hmerly New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Happens to me as well. At first it worked. Then I added all my Podcasts, and it crashed and now it won't get past the loading screen. Tried removing then reinstalling and it won't start at all.
  3. AMH9

AMH9 New Member

i cant get it to work at all, i really liked mobilecast, but this isn't working. and TouchCast costs money and i dont have a credit card to buy it
  4. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

I was really starting to consider paying for this app, but the fact that the dev updated to 1.1.1 to fix the crash issues and it' basically made things worse??? It makes me a little hesitant to buy it just yet. Hopefully (s)he'll fix the bugs soon, because it really is a great app. Definitely one of the more useful things I have seen so far.

The other issue I had with podcaster was that I would download a new podcast and go to play and it would crash as well. This app would be great if I could simply download the podcasts and then use them in the default mobile music player. Or maybe download the podcasts in the background. Or even be able to do other things while playing the podcast.

I'm glad I waited and didn't pay the 9.99 for this app but 4.99 seems much more reasonable.
  5. mombopete

mombopete Member

I payed the $4.99 and can download but not play any podcasts. I hope there is a fix for this. I was able to play them using MobileFinder, but there is no way to know which track you are playing. They have strange names that make no sense.
  6. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

Which version are you on right now? Have you contacted the dev?
  7. mombopete

mombopete Member

I am using the latest. Version 1.1.1 and have tried to contact.
  8. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

9. AMH9

AMH9 New Member

just use mobilecast, there is a new update for it and its free and working great
  10. almerica

almerica New Member

Podcaster version 1.1.2 runs

Hey everyone. I see you had some problems starting Podcaster. The problem is that it was not creating the documents folder and giving it correct permissions. This has been fixed for version 1.1.2 by the guys at modmyi.com. They have been a great help.

mombopete: Some podcasts are having difficulty playing so if that happens, just click the quicktime icon and it will play in quicktime instead of podcaster player. That will fix the crashes for now.

AMH9: mobilecast is a good program but I don't think that at the stage it's at, it can be compared to Podcaster. It has a lot of fine tuning to do.

dieselboy27: The app works and most users agree it's worth the price. The original price of $9.99 was because it took so long to set up each user. The benefit is that those users do not need to jailbreak there devices.

As far as playing in the background, try the app Backgrounder available in Cydia.