Podcast/video played status resets each time I plug into iTunes.

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by nadnerb33, Feb 28, 2010.

1. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, firstly my iPod is a 1G 32GB unjailbroken and for the last few months this problem has started.

Basically if I delete a podcast on the iPod it still shows up as being on the iPod in iTunes but if I play it it comes up with the little '!' since it's not actually on the iPod anymore.
    Also, more annoyingly it transfers the same set of podcasts to my iPod and also resets all podcasts/videos to unwatched everytime I plug in my iPod into itunes.

Sounds like sync is set on, but I can assure you it is not.
    Everything is set to manual as I HATE using the sync function and never have.

I've had this Touch for years and never had this problem plus I've been using iPods/iTunes since the 1st gen brick firewire iPods came out, so I'm no n00b.

Also, I've completely restored the iPod to factory settings and the installed the latest FW and setup as a new iPod (ie, not restored from backup) and the EXACT same thing happens.
    Every sync option in iTunes is disabled.

Any ideas cause this is very frustrating.
  2. rmisra9

rmisra9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been having a similiar problem, with my 1 G iPod Touch 16 GB, jailbroken, FW 3.1.2.

Plugging into the data cable SOMETIMES resets my podcast/video played status. I'm not sure if iTunes being open makes a difference, but I could be wrong. I can't figure out what combination makes it happen, but unlike with @nadnerb33, it's been happening for a long long time. I've noticed it at least from FW 2.x, and at the time, I thought my travel charger was responsible.

As far as I can see, FW upgrades haven't fixed it, nor does jailbreak status.
  3. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hmm... I'm still having the same issues, I've even deleted all my podcasts in iTunes and it's still playing up.

When I restored my iPod and set up a new iTunes library it seemed to behave normally, and as soon as I switched back to my proper library it goes back to resetting everything. Therefore I think my library file is corrupt or something.

I've also noticed some weirdness when plugging it in/launching iTunes.
    eg if I plug in the iPod then launch iTunes half the time iTunes never appears, even tho the exe shows up in task manager.
    I have to unplug the iPod, kill the iTunes process and load iTunes again, THEN plug in the iPod.