Podcast sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crazyfred02, Oct 22, 2008.

1. crazyfred02

crazyfred02 New Member

Hello!

I have posted this in the itunes forum but got no response. I'll post it here and if you feel it is inappropriate, you can delete it:

Hello!

I used to have an old iPod mini and when I would plug it in my computer, it would start iTunes, check for new podcasts and then sync the ipod. Now when I plug in my iPod touch, it doesnt check for new podcasts automatically. Instead I have to manually tell it to look for new podcasts and then sync it. Is there a way to check for new podcasts when I plug in my ipod automatically.

Thanks!
  2. crazyfred02

crazyfred02 New Member

sorry for double post!
    Finally i would like itunes to check for podcasts when I open it. How is that done?
  3. bobomaster13

bobomaster13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Go to the podcast section in itunes and go to settings. You can only set it to check for podcasts every hour. Or you can just hit refresh every time you open itunes.
  4. 5zerocool

5zerocool New Member

Recently, everytime I plugged in my iPod, my iTunes would not sync and would close down. I erased all of the podcasts off of my iPod, then tried again. It synced! I am changing the settings in my devices menu to sync podcasts also. I think this setting is off by default and people are downloading podcasts(on their iPod), then their sync fails. This is what happened to me. I hope this helps other people out there.