Podcast = No music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hallway Orchard, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Hallway Orchard

Hallway Orchard New Member

Hi All,
    I had a strange thing occur to me today. I managed to solve it but thought others might benefit from the story.

I have a 3G iPod touch 32 GB. Love it. No problems. Not jailbroken.

Today I downloaded some podcasts through the iTunes store. I jumped in the car and plugged in my iPod and continued listening to the audio book I had begun previously. Everything was fine, but once I reached the end of the track (19 of 22) the next track didn't start.

I picked up my iPod and saw that there were NO artists, songs, albums, audio books, podcasts or any other audio material. Browsing around I found that all my video was also gone. Everything else seemed to work perfectly fine. Photos and contacts were intact.

I plugged the iPod into my netbook when I got home, and saw that in iTunes I could browse and see every song on the iPod.

At a loss, and not really thinking it would do anything, I deleted the podcasts. Poof! Everything was back to normal. I can once again see all my audio and video.

I'd love to know if there are similar situations out there or maybe any idea as to what the heck went wrong.

Cheers,