podcast help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stotty, Dec 12, 2007.

1. stotty

stotty New Member

Hi guys, new to the forum, first post.

I need some help listening to my podcasts. I only just got my ipod a few days ago (upgrading from a nano to a Touch 8GB). The only problem i've had so far is that when i'm listening to podcasts (which i do a lot of) i find that i can't scan through it and start listening from half way through. I tap the screen, move the little button along, then when i stop, it stops playing, and goes back to the list of podcasts. Any idea why this is? or how to overcome it? I hope i've explained that clearly enough, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's strange, I don't have this problem here.

The only issue I have with podcasts (besides of the way you have to select which podcasts are synchronized) is you usually can't read the whole title in the list in portrait on the iPod, and it switches to album cover flow when you rotate the iPod to landscape so all you can do is guessing when you select a podcast. But once it's playing, tapping and dragging the silver bullet allows me to sweep through the podcast.

Maybe try with another one? I'm not sure, but could it be related to the encoding?
  3. stotty

stotty New Member

Thanks, anyone else have any ideas?
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sometimes they don't set up the podcasts correctly. You should be able in iTunes to select the files, select "Get Info" and then check the setting for "Remember Position"