PocketTouch Status Bar

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by jetta, Nov 18, 2008.

1. jetta

jetta New Member

how can i change the status bar in PocketTouch to black without changing the rest of the status bars in other apps?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It can be done by messing with your com.apple.springboard.plist. I wouldn't recommend it. I'll consider adding the the status bar color as an option in future versions of the app.
  3. iphone3gowner!!

iphone3gowner!! New Member

that's helpful, that's what i mean by you thinking your the sh*t "Ill consider adding it" what the hell is that?
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I'm not going to argue with you, so stop trying to pick a fight. I already agreed with your assessment of me. Get over it.

As for my stance on this issue, I don't want the Status Bar to be changeable. If enough people want it, I may add it. In either case, it is my application and I can add or remove whatever features I want to/from it. The fact that you act so matter of fact that I should add the feature, and the way in which you say it only hurts your cause and makes you seem--well, I'll let you think about how it makes you seem.

And to answer your question about As for "Ill consider adding it," (sic) I mean exactly what those words said. If enough people want it, I may add it. I have other PocketTouch related goals first before I mess with adding in a feature that I don't even want. Most importantly, I need to fix the accelerometer issues that I discovered yesterday with the release of 2.2. Then, I'll need to break down every feature of the app to make sure that it introduced no other bugs. Then, I will add in more track info transitions. I have already expanded the number of animations from 7 to 30+ (I lost count). I already have a couple of betas out with the new animations and am thinking about cutting that number in half. Those are first priority. Then, I need to take a look at the issue 2.1 created (ie, ruining the dimmer). Once that is all set, I'll need to look at the best way to portray a track progress bar, as seen in PocketTouch 1.x, and its feasibility (specifically, I don't want an awkward ui). Finally, and only when all that is settled, will I consider adding in an adjustable status bar.

Of course, all this PocketTouch work is low priority, behind my current two AppStore projects and the AppStore projects on which I am consulting.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing about "thinking [I'm] the sh*t:" I actually get recognised out in public. If I wasn't "the sh*t," then that wouldn't happen.

But enough offtopic. Let's please only talk about the thread's topic. If you have a problem with me, send me a PM. I will not fight you on a forum.
  5. iphone3gowner!!

iphone3gowner!! New Member