PocketTouch mod

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Pelaez-1, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I think PocketTouch is a GREAT app, however, I don't like having my iPod turned on at all times, it wastes battery.

Then I downloaded IntelliScreen or something like that, and I came up with this idea.

First, what IntelliScreen does is show you your appointments, mail, weather, news, etc in the lock screen, this is interactive, so I thought "Why not making a pocketTouch that works when you are in the LockScreen?"

Imagine it, your iPod is locked, in your pocket, while you are listening to music, you press any of the buttons, and it shows the "Slide to unlock" screen, in there, you slide your finger up and down and change the volume, right and left and you change song, all while it is in your pocket.

If IntelliScreen can make it, it means is possible, and I also know it's possible to restrict the area of the app so it doesn't mess with the slider.

What do you guys think?
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I dont think adding things to the lock screen is very easy AT ALL.....I think you have to actually change the springboard. I would render this suggestion nearly useless, however it is entirely up to Skylar, the creator of the application
  3. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well, I'm not sure I said it was "very easy", but I know it's possible:

http://intelliborn.com/index.html

Check the site, download the app and test it if you want, it works well, I'd love to see PocketTouch taking advantage of a feature like that.
  4. tipii

tipii New Member

uhm you do know that with pocket touch you dont put it into sleep. it dims the screen black for a reason.

tell me if im wrong
  5. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    it does, but still dimming the screen uses more battery than turning it off, besides some apps keep running in the background, and I believe they stop when your iPod is "sleeping"
  6. LAMPRO

LAMPRO New Member

still, you can just double tap home button on lock screen and of course the music controller comes up on the hud... so, you have a bit of control with less steps..