PocketISO Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by Fightthegoodfight, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Fightthegoodfight

Fightthegoodfight New Member

Alright lets discuss how to get the most out of this program.

First off (for those that dont know) the program can be found at http://www.fpsece.net/ and is free of charge, but Please Donate to the author to keep this free.

The program basically just compress the ISO file format to take out video and music from the game that you dont need.

**Edit: Virtualball (local celebrity) will be posting a image guide soon so be ready!**

Now the discussion...

Virtualball posted he had gotten files down to 25mb, anyone have a tutorial on how to get it that small? I mean I cut out videos and music but mine aren't nearly that small(some games I keep music, nice background noise).

Feel free to discuss.
  2. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Good idea we need a tutorial

*Nudge*V-Ball*Nudge*
  3. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    there are a few programs which do this. I can't think of the one I have off the top of my head. You can also download them in ISO form(compressed) already.
  4. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

I'm like a local celebrity! XD

Well... it's easy. You click the "find the iso" button or what ever, find it, click analyze, click all, click process, wait awhile, done. That's a summary

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll do a photo tutorial tomorrow

5. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Sounds easy enough
  6. Fightthegoodfight

Do you turn yours on "maximum compression" or "normal compression"? Also video decrease would help decrease the lag in some games.
  7. Fightthegoodfight

bump, I use pocketiso and then my isos dont work in the emulator? using ePSXe
  8. Virtualball

It seems that if you remove thencids on some of the isos it won't work

I have the pics on my computer but can't upload them tonight.
  9. Virtualball

OK, here it is:

What you need:
    An Intel Mac or Windows computer

Mac:
    Parallels
    Toast

Windows:
    CloneCD
    PocketISO

Mac

1. You NEED Parallels and (optionally) Toast. You can use Toast but CloneCD is much more reliable and works more often. If you don't want to use Toast, skip to step 1 in the Windows section.

2. Open Toast and go to "Disc Copy"

3. Go to file> save to bin/cue and then save it to the Desktop. HOPEFULLY it should work, if it doesn't, continue on to use CloneCD.

4. Once you have the .bin/.cue files, open Parallels and start at step 5 in the Windows instructions. If you want, the .bin file is useable as is in a PSX emulator. What you did was rip the entire game so it's pretty big. Though, for compatability reasons, you could (should) just run this file.

Windows

1. Download and install CloneCD. Once open, click the icon with the glasses.

2. Next, you see the list of profiles? Control click the white box and add a profile, call it "PSX4iPhone."

10. Virtualball

3. Control click the new profile and click edit. Change the settings to this:

4. Click next and then click browse to find where you want to save your game. Click the .cue button. And click next. Let it rip, it should take four minutes (well, I have 2 GB RAM, so milage may vary)

5. Ok, now open PocketISO (I'm using 2.0) and locate your .img/.bin file and then click "Analyze ISO" and let it load. This does not always work and might lead to a ROM that won't work, so be warned! Make back ups! (BTW, you can rename .img to bin and it should work if you want to burn it)

6. Click ALL to remove all videos and songs or MUS for music and VID for video. Alternatively, you can use the "Use smallest video as source" if you don't want to rip the media out but want it smaller.

7. Click Process ISO and wait awhile

8. Hopefully that's it! Zodttd said his emulator will use .ZNX files and you just made one

Have fun!