PocketGuitar or Guitarist?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by sprint_user, Oct 29, 2008.

?

Which Guitar App should I get?

1. Guitarist

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. PocketGuitar

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Which one is a better app. They only differ by $2 so i really dont care about the price, but if you had to choose one, which one would you get? (keep in mind the huge guitarist update)
  2. Keano!

Keano! New Member

Guitarist hands down for me...

Its a great little app and as someone who plays the guitar...its such a neat thing to have while out and about...

More features too.....shake it from side to side after playing a note and the sound goes wavy as if it were real....lol
  3. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Guitarist is and always be the best application due to the amount of features and the graphics are so good, there no need to think about it, i you think you would like a guitar application get guitarist
  4. foxfirebass

foxfirebass New Member

I know that it's not cool to talk about a guitar app that isn't Pocket Guitar or Guitarist, but I really enjoy Guitar.

Guitar is the most practical for performance, as you store chords to a button and can cycle through them. Having to do the fingerings on Guitarist sucks.
  5. DotSlashSlash

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i havent heard of guitar, i'll have a look

EDIT wow i am surprised i havent heard of it, it looks really good but only thing it doesnt have as many features as guitarist, like (by what i have seen) it only does one type of playing
  6. foxfirebass

foxfirebass New Member

This is true; I think Guitarist is probably a lot more fun for screwing around.
  7. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Here's the deal:
    Pocketguitar: cheap, just a simple guitar.
    Guitarist: $3, very fully featured guitar.
    I have Pocketguitar but you should get guitarist.
  8. WinkyTom

WinkyTom New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there's an update to pocketGuitar. It's now version 1.2 . New features include possibility to do bends (you heard me right BENDS ) I'm really a pocketguitarist fan. I have a lot more fun with it than Guitarist . I do agree Guitarist has a lot of features but it fails imo to entertain me...

as for pocketGuitar, it's cheap and it's worth every penny.

*edit* you might want to check some pocketGuitar demos
    like this guy =====> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDor0Symxc0

People , please show me good videos with the app Guitarist as I haven't really seen any yet.
  9. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Is that "BENDS" as in the string bending that I put in to Guitarist last month that was obviously a good enough idea for a certain other developer to copy?

Please Register or Log in to view images

The official video is here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zUN2bXDUTSo

Please be sure to watch till the end because I very much doubt you will ever be able to recreate the final song with Pocket Guitar. And of course let's not forget that that song was recorded live with the application, and then played back at a later date. This takes a guitar app to a whole new level.

As to the quality of these demos, I'm limited in that I can't officially just video myself playing Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child Of Mine, and so on (even though they sound great with Guitarist), and use it as an advert, because I will get sued. And I certainly can't licence those tracks if I'm selling at $4 a time. So I'm forced to create my own songs. And unfortunately I'm no musician. I'm just someone who has a basic knowledge of the guitar and playing blues riffs. I think I do okay, but, you know, I know my limits.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I open this one up to you all: prove how great Guitarist is and make your own YouTube videos with it. I will start linking to them from my website if you start making them. Back in the Jailbreak day, loads of people were doing this. But sadly I guess there's just too many exciting new iPhone apps these days for people to want to spend the time being creative. It's a shame as the kick I got out of writing these apps in the first place was in seeing people use them.
  10. DotSlashSlash

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    you still in contact with iBand, they would be awesome to advertise the application