PocketGuitar and Mail app problem. Pls HELP!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by hidlabu, Jan 21, 2008.

1. hidlabu

hidlabu New Member

problem no. 1: I installed the pocketguitar and when it was installing I had this error. It didn't I guess install correctly. Then when I went to my home menu the app was there and when I clicked it, it doesn't work or respond. It just shows the volume and then quits its back to the home menu.I tried uninstalling it but I can't see it on the uninstall page. What can I do??? Its messing up my home screen. Help please!

Problem 2. Installed the mail and its not working. My password and username is correct btw. Yahoo mail to be specific. How do I fix this one??

I'm using 1.1.2 thank you guys!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

1:If you have too many apps installed then Pocket guitar may not have installed correctly, and not be displayed in the Uninstall list. Did installer just quit back to Springboard while installing PocketGuitar??

So, connect to you iPod with SSH, navigate to the Appllications folder and remove the PocketGuitar application folder that way...

2: Would need more info on what error message you get - are you connected to your wireless? IS it a username / password error? Did it install correctly ( does Mail appear in the uninstall list on installer?)
  3. hidlabu

hidlabu New Member

Hi. I do not have much apps when I was installing pocketguitar. When I was installing pocketguitar just stopped right there. It didn't go to the home screen. How does SHH works? How can I remove it? Thanks!!

On the mail: yes, I can see the mail in the uninstall page. I get this error. "cannot get mail, the username or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect" thank you and what should I do??

4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

OK: to SSH follow this guide:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9978

If you haven't activated SSH access when you jailbroke 1.1.2, you will need to install OPEN SSH from the "System" catagory in Installer.

As far as the mail is concerned, the obvious question is have you checked that the Username and Password are correct?

I use mine for POP mail with my ISP, and it all works well...

Ok, heres a weird thing. I set up a Yahoo account @yahoo.com and I can log in on a PC.

I cannot however connect from the mail app on my ipod.... I get the same error message as you.

maybe there is a problem with Yahoo access at the moment as my other mail account polls fine...
  5. hidlabu

hidlabu New Member

Thank you so much for the help. I'll keep you updated!!

Cheers and kudos!
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

No problem. good luck!
  7. hidlabu

hidlabu New Member

Sorry for bothering again. I did the SHH thing. Deleted the pocketguitar folder. but nothing happened. How do save the changes?? THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!
  8. kappatango

kappatango New Member

What do you mean nothing happened??

if you deleted the Folder called PocketGuitar.app then you have crudely uninstalled it. It should not now be showing on your desktop - Try Turning the ipod Off ( hold down the power button on the top, then slide to power off - Then turn it back on - you should see it has been unistalled...

once deleted using WINSCP you dont need to "Save"....its just deletes it.