Pocket Guitar Alternative?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Angelus1818, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Angelus1818

Angelus1818 New Member

Hello all!!!

Sorry if this is the wrong section....

This is my fist post! WOOT!!! I have just purchased an 8 gig ipod touch because I always wanted an Iphone but sadly Quest doesn't carry them. But I 'm am glad apple made the ipod touch as it does everything I want it to as I can make phone calls with my cell phone. Anyway...

I play guitar, three years now. And found this really cool app for the iphone/ipod touch that lets you play guitar on your ipod! It's like a simulator, a guitar simulator! Here is the link if you want to chech it out...

http://code.google.com/p/pocketguitar/

you need a jailbreaked ipod to run it sadly, but in a future update you won't! And it will be 2.0 compatible soon hopefully! Anyway I was stupid and upgraded my firmware to 2.0

I know i'm a noob....Anyway I can't jailbreak now so I can't install this app. So my question is is there an alternative? I'm willing to pay for it on the itunes store as well. As I have like $30 of credit there. I have the piano simulator. (From the itunes store) And must say I love it! So I know I can get used to a virtual instrument fine. So I know about the mo-cow company or whatever and there $9.99 product called "band" or something that does come with a blues guitar but It doesn't seem very good. Plus I want just the guitar not a bunch of other crap.

Thanks for the help I thank you all!!!

Rember I'm looking for an alternative to Pocket guitar Where you do NOT have to jail break and it is 2.0 compatible with the ipod touch.

Thanks!!!

And please give me some time to respond. I am working a full time job in web desighn and moderating at three different sites plus have my own website and school. So I might not respond for awhile but I will eventually. (By the way this site is amazing, I love it, good job on it, keep it up!)
  2. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Band comes with a Bass guitar not Blues guitar. As far as I know there is no other guitar app.
  3. Angelus1818

Angelus1818 New Member

Ohh....

So there isn't even an alternative at all...Hmmm...I think I heard a rumor that Moo-Cow-Music is making a guitar app. I'll hold out for that I guess. Or for the 2.0 update of the freeware one.

Thakns for the responce though. I thank you for your time.