Pocket God 1.18 - Fun 'N Games until a Pygmy gets Hurt

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by davecazz, Jun 4, 2009.

1. davecazz

davecazz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the late post, I have just been really busy. This week we launched the Jackie Button (of course I am going to do another shameless plug). This is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and even greater than that if you don't like bread. Jackie Button on iTunes. We will be updating the Jackie Button alot but it will mainly be content updates, so it wont interfere with Pocket God. If you do like it though, there is a thread about the Jackie Button, please leave feedback and what you would like to see.

So, back to Pocket God. The new update adds some micro games and achievements. We added three micro games that keep score - Max Coconut Bounces without hitting the ground, Max Lighting during a hurricane without slowing the hurricane down, Max Shark Snaps without letting go of a Pygmy or allowing the Shark to catch the Pygmy. I call them micro games because they are built into the existing functionality. We also added two achievements, how many Pygmies can you spear at a time underwater, and how many Pygmies can you bowl off the island in one shot. In the future we will be adding these achievements to Feint, so other people can see what you accomplish if they look at your feint profile.

About Feint, we had a great meeting with them a few weeks ago and it looks like they will be implementing our #1 requested feature. better chat room moderation. We have been waiting for this for a while and once we get to the point where people can use the chat rooms, we will start asking them for new features having to do with the leaderboards, maybe reset them each week so everyone has a change to get a high rank and the scores dont get too high where you dont think its worth even trying.

The biggest change with the new update is all the cleanup we did, people have been submitting lots of glitches and a lot of people actually have a good time finding them but we need to make sure they get fixed otherwise they can lead to bigger issues in the future. I want to thank everyone that has been posting and emailing glitches that they find along with steps that we can use to reproduce the issues. and I also want to thank HDGreen who went through all the forums and our blog comment sections and created a master glitch list that we are using to track everything. We went through and fixed a lot of stuff. The codebase is so big nowadays that we have to do these cleanup updates more frequently now, but when we do them, we will still try and add some kind of new functionality even if its not as much as some of our bigger updates.

Technically, we made a lot of improvements to the animation tool, Allan is now able to animate dynamic text which we use for the achievement congrats screens. and we made the size of our animation binary data a lot smaller. lol, since it's easy for Allan to use the tool to make key framed animations, we have been adding bigger and bigger animations on every update. The animation data alone was getting close to 2 megs and we were able to optimize it to under 800k with this update.

As far as the next udpate goes, I think all you pyromaniacs will be happy.
  2. theboss123

theboss123 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this sounds cool
    cant wait
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Fire? I've always wanted to set they pygmies on fire.
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can already set them on fire.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. davecazz

davecazz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea, but there will be more fire, and meaner fire
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Cool, that is what I was talking about
  7. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Can't wait... the frequent updates are what keep this app so popular. Keep it up!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. davecazz

davecazz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey There, Allan Dye our artist just got a great write up from Macenstein.com

http://macenstein.com/default/archives/4390

It covers the history of our icons and how we decided to change our icons for every update.