Pocket God 1.06 crashing..

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by YoGrant, Feb 21, 2009.

1. YoGrant

YoGrant New Member

Hi, Pocket God seems to be crashing on the startup everytime. I have restored my iphone twice, re-downloaded it from the itunes store, but it still seems to crash. But it had run fine on previous versions. Any help would be nice. =)

-Thanks
  2. davecazz

davecazz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is your phone jailbroken?
  3. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    it works fine for me
  4. davecazz

davecazz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Some people have neem experiencing crashes if they are running homebrew apps in the background like clippy, backgrounder, or the homebrew that lets you make the spring board 5 icons wide.

Our app has a lot of animation and uses a lot of memory so these apps make it run out of memory on startup.
  5. ElPared

ElPared New Member

Even without all that stuff it still crashes. It loads, lets me play for about 2 seconds then shows the loading screen again and quits. How much memory does it need to start up all the way? because I always have around 56 mb free before it starts and I didnt think the iphone could have more than that.
  6. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try it in safe mode?
  7. ElPared

ElPared New Member

haven't tried that yet but if I have to go to safe mode to play one game out of 22 I might as well delete it

Please Register or Log in to view images

edit* OMG it worked. I wonder what's making it crash in normal mode? maybe quickgold? ive tried disabling everything that runs in background though so I can't be sure.
  8. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Try rebooting, some games require reboots for some reason. Only on certain iPods though...
  9. davecazz

davecazz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Here is a utility called iPhone Configuration Utility that is pretty helpful

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise/

connect your iphone with this installed and you can view the phones log in the console tab... clear the console and restart your phone, it should show you all the apps that are loaded at start up. check if any are home brew titles.

If it doesnt show homebrew. run pocket god, let it crash and then pm me the complete log. I can check it out and try to fix it for you.
  10. ElPared

ElPared New Member

Ok I'll try that when I get home, right now I'm actually on my phone. Thanks for the help though, I'm not used to forums here people reply in a timely manner
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok i can't download the iphone monitor thingy, is there a mirror site?

I also used the freememory app to see what I have running and it looks like the only homebrews I have are the iLocalis Daemon, yellowsn0w, and maybe launchd (that's what launches launch daemons right?) The weird thing is I have yellosn0w turned off yet its still running. Is there a way to disable launch daemons without uninstalling them?