iOS 4.1 plz help guys

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bigjazza, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bigjazza

bigjazza New Member

hi there i have a ipod touch 1g 8gb its on 4.1 i have tryed eveything on youtube to jail break it..i can jail break on 2.2.1 no probs but apps and games dont work....when i try to downgrade to 3.3.1 itunes wont let me......av tryed redsnow.....blackrain ......snowbreeze..........lime?.........listen guys av been at this for about a week solid so any help will be welcome........just to let you no how bad i am i did jailbreak it on 4.1 but when i was pressing my home button it kept flashing white and making a camera noise then i relised i did it for a iphone.and the screen would flash like mad.............

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MFdoom

MFdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay...first off, If you have a first generation iPod, it can't possibly be ON 4.1, since the last upgrade available for it is 3.1.3. If it's on 4.1, chances are you have a 2 gen iPod. Now, do this go to settings-general-about and look where it says model number. If it says MB, use Redsn0w to jailbreak it. http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ to download firmware for it. If it says MC use greenpois0n, look up guides. I have no idea what your talking about trying to downgrade it to 3.3.1, since I'm pretty sure thats an iPad firmware.
  3. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @MFdoom i love your avatar, memories of Need for Speed...

And.... it..... sounds.... like.... you.... messed.... with.... your.... ipod.... a.... lot....

Like MFdoom said, you can't be on 4.1 with a 1st gen ipod, if you are TELL ME HOW!

And im really sorry, but it made me LOL that you've been trying to jailbreak for a week. Update, check model, limerain, greenpoision or redsnow, then break.
  4. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow. None of that made sense.
    I totally agree what has already been said. There are a few holes in your story.

If it turns out your not using a 1gen device. Then you can use greenpoison to jailbrak 4.1
    Check my sig for a tut.