iPhone 3G PLS HELP iphone 3g downgrade from 3.1 beta to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kenichi0711, Jul 7, 2009.

1. kenichi0711

kenichi0711 New Member

hey guys i need helppp.. i am using a 3g and was on 3.0 jailbroken. i saw the 3.1 beta and gave it shot so i upgraded it (not restore) through itunes and so a couple of minutes later i was on 3.1 not jailbroken. i then realized, since i was 3.1, 98% off the applications dont even work! so i had to restore it back to 3.0 so i tried but i couldnt..so i was stuck in recovery mode. and i read around, and ppl say after getting the error (1015), that i open up quickpwn but that doesnt work because for some reason, it doesnt detect my phone. i tried this both turning my phone off after restoring, and leaving it on with the "usb connect to itunes" icon. so other ppl say to use purplera1n. and i downloaded it, (im on mac) and so after i restore and get the error, i opened up purplera1n and clicked "make it ra1n" and it says "done!wait.." straight away but my phone takes about 5 seconds to restart and comes back to the same screen... somebody, pls helpppppppp.. im stuck with a worthless iphone!!! TT
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried using DFU mode restore to 3.0? Because thats the only way to Downgrade properly. Instructions Here.
    REMEMBER: The Screen needs to be Blank, not with a connect to iTunes Logo.
  3. kenichi0711

kenichi0711 New Member

hey first thanx for the reply. yes i did try restoring with the dfu mode too. but after gettin the error, the phone comes on with the icon (usb connect to itunes) again. what should i do?
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Strange, DFU mode should work effortlessly. The 1015 error code is because you have not put the phone in proper DFU mode to downgrade. Make sure you are doing it right.

1. Make sure iPhone is plugged in, and iTunes is Open
    2. Turn iPhone ON
    3. When it turns on, start holding top and home button for 10 seconds
    4. After the ten seconds, release the Top button and continue holding the home button until iTunes gives you the message saying that the iPhone has been detected.
    5. The iPhone Screen Should Be Black, NOT with a connect to iTunes Image. If It Is Not Black, You need to try again.
    6. Now Restore through iTunes
    7. And you should be fine
    This Error Code is A restoring error, so that is the problem. Remember to try different USB ports etc.
  5. kenichi0711

kenichi0711 New Member

yea tried that 2.. isnt the error 1015 because of the baseband? because i went to 3.1 once and it upgraded the baseband as well? i just wanna get back on a usable 3.0 .. TT
  6. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. kenichi0711

kenichi0711 New Member

hey thanx for all the help.. thats the one i tried.. all 3 ways. the first way tho. i couldnt really get to it cuz i dont know where to download itunes 8.1.1. its old so its nowhere TT
  8. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  9. kenichi0711

kenichi0711 New Member

do you think i shud try the first way there? the one where i have to uninstall and reinstall itunes?
  10. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Might as well do what you can to revive your iPhone. I'll try and find A mac link for iTunes 8.1.1
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    http://www.[PIRACY.4s].com/file/109417320/5d507e44/iTunes811.html

iTunes 8.1.1 for mac Link, Mods Please let me know if this is Not Allowed.